doubts

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:51 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: doubts

Tricky one; yes it's safe, but on the other hand there do seem to be foreigners who get shot every so often. A couple of Americans in E. Province recently, the Dane outside Ikea in Riyadh and the other Septic Tank at the college. So not many shootings really but on the other hand you are more likely to be shot here because of who you are than in other places where you might get caught up in something. I used to live somewhere far more dangerous than here where there were shootings every week and it was fine.

It's up to you!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:54 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
The country that just keeps giving...

'Saudi Arabia named 'most miserable' GCC country'

Saudi Arabia named 'most miserable' GCC country - ArabianBusiness.com
The list of 108 countries has been ranked based on a number of factors which include national inflation rates, lending rates, unemployment figures together and year-on-year per capita GDP growth to determine its applicable level of "misery."

Economic reasons though, not cultural
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Look at a map.

Measure the distance from Baghdad to Riyadh

Draw a radius of that distance from London

Ask yourself - If ISIS is on the edge of that radius, would I be worried?

You have little to worry about. That said, I was recently groped in a taxi in Jeddah... by the male driver
How was it ?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmm.......sounds like a campaign to me. What say you Jose??
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
How was it ?
refreshing.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Hey Chelsea Fan, it would be the least of my worries when considering a move here.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

chelsea_fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dublin, what would be amongst your worry when moving there?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

I suppose the best way to answer this is to consider, if I knew then what I know now.
1) Work for a western employer if possible.
2) Squeeze as much out of them every month as you can reasonably negotiate.
3) Bank as much as you can every month offshore where you cant touch it easily.
4) Don't believe anything promised until you actually see it.
5) Take regular breaks away even to Bahrain
Old Feb 4th 2015, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

super_hans is an unknown quantity at this point

6) If you want to wear your union jack shorts, keep them for in the compound.

I agree with Dubinriyadhs summary, I work for a Kuwaiti owned company in KSA but with a western CEO. Adding to 3, I never leave more money in my Saudi bank account that I need to get through the month, I clear my Saudi credit card in full every month and I don't have any loans. I try not to have anything that ties me too much to the place.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 5:19 am

Keep a multi-exit re-entry visa too