Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Don't hazard lights in fog just p..S u off!!

Don't hazard lights in fog just p..S u off!!

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:13 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't hazard lights in fog just p..S u off!!

Another foggy morning in Dubai and half the polulation driving doen the SZR with their hazards flashing!!!!!

Past two write offs on the Al Wasl and one bloke who thought he was sterling moss
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Don't hazard lights in fog just p..S u off!!

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Another foggy morning in Dubai and half the polulation driving doen the SZR with their hazards flashing!!!!!

Past two write offs on the Al Wasl and one bloke who thought he was sterling moss
Do they think we won't notice it's foggy/raining/busy/whatever? And how exactly do they think we get informed when they are turning off the road, seeing as they can't use their indicators with hazards on? And why do they (always little white Toyota Corollas or Mitsubishi Lancers) ALWAYS DRIVE IN THE THIRD BLOODY LANE WHEN THERE'S NO-ONE IN THE FIRST TWO?????

Phew, feel better now that's off me chest.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Do they think we won't notice it's foggy/raining/busy/whatever? And how exactly do they think we get informed when they are turning off the road, seeing as they can't use their indicators with hazards on? And why do they (always little white Toyota Corollas or Mitsubishi Lancers) ALWAYS DRIVE IN THE THIRD BLOODY LANE WHEN THERE'S NO-ONE IN THE FIRST TWO?????

Phew, feel better now that's off me chest.

Just my 2 cents but I think it's good that they have hazards on in fog as normally you can see the lights before you can see that little white sports utility. I think it's good safety is on their minds for once although - if everyone simply slowed down you wouldn't need so much time to react to a vehicle emerging from the fog.
I agree that hazards should be turned off at intersections so indicators can be used but let's face it - none of them use indicators anyway.
I past one truck this morning that didn't see a roundabout and went straight into the middle of it - breaking the axle and all......it only had a million rumble strips and a speed bump prior to it....maybe he lost his brakes.....
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

I wondered what it was like this morning on the road next to Emaar and Amlak offices. When I was taking my son yesterday to football at Emirates Golf Club, I discovered with horror, just in time, that they had put speed bumps without any warning and they are bloody high. When I was driving back home, it was dark and I had almost forgotten about them, had I not seen a car flying across at speed. I wonder how many cars will be f...ed because of it and hopefully no one has been hurt.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Just my 2 cents but I think it's good that they have hazards on in fog as normally you can see the lights before you can see that little white sports utility. I think it's good safety is on their minds for once although - if everyone simply slowed down you wouldn't need so much time to react to a vehicle emerging from the fog.
I agree that hazards should be turned off at intersections so indicators can be used but let's face it - none of them use indicators anyway.
I past one truck this morning that didn't see a roundabout and went straight into the middle of it - breaking the axle and all......it only had a million rumble strips and a speed bump prior to it....maybe he lost his brakes.....

When I first joined this site, I had lots of questions in regards to hazard lights on and have been well educated now.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Nothing to do with the fog put plenty with just p..S off.

My car went for alignement as my hubby decided to hit the curb, one of his specialities and always gets really wound up when I remind him he seems too close to the pavement. Don't try to critisize a man about his driving skills. Very touchy. Anyway. My husband was told by the garage that the alignement is ok but since it seems that the car had hit the side on a curb there wasn't enough air in the tyre and hence the car pulling to one side. What does my cheeky husband say, oh well, women, don't know how to drive, do they?

Never mind, it gets better. Rushed off my feet to pick up the kids from school in time, take my husband's Honda saloon, which he kindly left for me to drive and oh horror, half way down SZR, noticed that the car was on its last drops and getting thirsty. Had no choice to get to the next petrol station in time but of course way too late to pick up the kids. Didn't even know where the bloody petrol tank was and the thing to open it. I was bloody embarrassed. Cheers prince charming!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 10:25 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Nothing to do with the fog put plenty with just p..S off.

My car went for alignement as my hubby decided to hit the curb, one of his specialities and always gets really wound up when I remind him he seems too close to the pavement. Don't try to critisize a man about his driving skills. Very touchy. Anyway. My husband was told by the garage that the alignement is ok but since it seems that the car had hit the side on a curb there wasn't enough air in the tyre and hence the car pulling to one side. What does my cheeky husband say, oh well, women, don't know how to drive, do they?

Never mind, it gets better. Rushed off my feet to pick up the kids from school in time, take my husband's Honda saloon, which he kindly left for me to drive and oh horror, half way down SZR, noticed that the car was on its last drops and getting thirsty. Had no choice to get to the next petrol station in time but of course way too late to pick up the kids. Didn't even know where the bloody petrol tank was and the thing to open it. I was bloody embarrassed. Cheers prince charming!
Hi PT... make sure ur hubby read ur post!!!

Yes I do agree man don't like to be criticize about their driving skill (no offence for all men in this board). That will be include my hubby!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Ehm, thought that was what fog lights were for?

Sorry kelvynd, but I don't think you'll get many agreeing with you on this.

Originally Posted by Novita77
no offence for all men in this board
Why not - they give us plenty (offence that is).
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:30 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Ehm, thought that was what fog lights were for?

Sorry kelvynd, but I don't think you'll get many agreeing with you on this.

Why not - they give us plenty (offence that is).
But LL... my car don't have a light fog. Most cheap car don't have fog lights. Whatelse can they do?

I am too nice (or too scared ) to offend men in this board. :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by novita77
But LL... my car don't have a light fog. Most cheap car don't have fog lights. Whatelse can they do?

10 out of 10 on the sarcasm Novita - you really are a quick learner!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77

Fog lights for seeing....hazard lights for being seen.
not saying i agree with a million hazard lights on SZR....but i am saying - it's good that at least they are thinking safety...it's better some light than none at all - and at teh end of the day - by the amount of discuission on the topic - i'd say the hazard lights have been reasonably effective as most seem to have noticed them.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:11 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

not saying i agree with a million hazard lights on SZR....but i am saying - it's good that at least they are thinking safety...it's better some light than none at all - and at teh end of the day - by the amount of discuission on the topic - i'd say the hazard lights have been reasonably effective as most seem to have noticed them.

I agree K although I would never use them in fog, as you say it has caught everybodies attention. Also I think that the people that tend to use them are a wee bit nervous and could be a hazard as well LOL I don't mean that in a nasty way.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's abit like when people first started driving with headlights on during the day.....people thought they were weird - not it's commonly accepted, although not adopted by public yet - that it is safer - esp. with certain coloured vehicle at certain times of day.
I think volvo's come out now with headlights that come on as soon as you start car regardless.....
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I agree K although I would never use them in fog, as you say it has caught everybodies attention. Also I think that the people that tend to use them are a wee bit nervous and could be a hazard as well LOL I don't mean that in a nasty way.

Saying all that i didn't have my hazards on - I figure as long as I drive faster than everyone else - no one will run into back of me. :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:42 pm
semarang

Saying all that i didn't have my hazards on - I figure as long as I drive faster than everyone else - no one will run into back of me. :scared:
K... hope you never ever drive behind my car....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.