Reload this Page >

Dongle and iPad internet connection KSA help

Dongle and iPad internet connection KSA help

Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

DaveSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Dongle and iPad internet connection KSA help

Hi,
I need to connect my iPad mini to the internet but I have only been given a 4G USB Dongle and USB is not supported by the iPad mini.

I have bought a new Laptop for 200 quid and I am using that at the moment, is there a device that I can use to connect my Pad?

I saw a gizmo back in the UK that you could connect up to 10 devices but never really took much notice as it was not relevant at the time.

Answers in lay mans terms PLEASE !!!!!!

Many Thanks.

Last edited by DaveSand; Apr 30th 2014 at 12:29 am. Reason: grammar
Old Apr 30th 2014, 2:03 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dongle and iPad internet connection KSA help

Originally Posted by DaveSand
Hi,
I need to connect my iPad mini to the internet but I have only been given a 4G USB Dongle and USB is not supported by the iPad mini.

I have bought a new Laptop for 200 quid and I am using that at the moment, is there a device that I can use to connect my Pad?

I saw a gizmo back in the UK that you could connect up to 10 devices but never really took much notice as it was not relevant at the time.

Answers in lay mans terms PLEASE !!!!!!

Many Thanks.
Set up internet sharing on your smartphone and connect your ipad to the created wifi, but watch the data costs with your local carrier.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Huawei wifi hotspot device (find in Jarir) 250-300sar E5220 is 250sar, 4hr one. (, don't get 2hr old model. 250sar for 1150mah battery 300sar for 1500mah). Stick internet simcard inside, works automatically. USB lead supplied to tether/charge. check instructions for IP address to change name, password, etc.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

That's big help. I think I saw these in Lu Lu many thanks Beakersful
Old Apr 30th 2014, 3:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

They're also called mifi dongles.
Old May 3rd 2014, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks All !!!! seen a Huawei 5775 cheapest price is 520 SAR (should of bought that instead of a laptop which I will more than likely get with my job anyways) but I can only get 3G up here so the cheaper option might help for now. also living above a coffee shop and got the wifi password from them but on 4th floor lol so cant get it ,but the coffee is good. Anyone Know what the internet connection quality is like in Ras Tanura?

Last edited by DaveSand; May 3rd 2014 at 11:14 pm.
Old May 4th 2014, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

As you mention layman terms, I just have to ask, I suppose that you are sure that your Ipad mini doesn't have room for a simcard? Some Ipad models have built in mobile data connection capability.
Old May 6th 2014, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Myusernamewastaken
As you mention layman terms, I just have to ask, I suppose that you are sure that your Ipad mini doesn't have room for a simcard? Some Ipad models have built in mobile data connection capability.
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have a sim slot. I have found that the coffee shop downstairs has wifi that I can use for Facetime but I am finding myself somewhat irritable and hyper active
Old May 6th 2014, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Before you buy internet check the ISP's websites for coverage maps. I don't trust Mobily's though. I'd recommend going for STC primarily. They are doing 1400sar for 14 months (inc a router for home use), you can get 3g/4g dependent on location and data masts, speeds vary upto 20megs I guess. Some areas the upload speed can be 12megs but others 0.8-1.3megs.

Last edited by Beakersful; May 6th 2014 at 12:36 pm.
Old May 6th 2014, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

That's Valuable information Beakersfull thanks.