Reload this Page >

Dolphin Complex Oman?

Dolphin Complex Oman?

Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

kirstylou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dolphin Complex Oman?

Hi again!!

Has anyone heard of the Dolphin Complex????

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dolphin Complex Oman?

Originally Posted by kirstylou
Hi again!!

Hmmmm.............

I once spent a few years with an Oedipus Complex........... then I went through a period of thinking I was a greyhound...........

......... but "Dolphin Complex"? No, never suffered from that.

Sorry.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

kirstylou is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha!!!! Funny as!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:05 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Not heard of that but you can go to Oman and see the dolphins in their natural environment, can either go to Muscat or Khasab, I went few weeks ago tp Khasab stayed at the Golden Tulip, did a boat day, its a great day, get to see the dolphins and do some snorkling, its about 2 1/2hrs by car(remember your passports and car insurance) nice hotel but over priced as they have very little competition, all in all a great trip worth doing in my opinion.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Not heard of that but you can go to Oman and see the dolphins in their natural environment, can either go to Muscat or Khasab, I went few weeks ago tp Khasab stayed at the Golden Tulip, did a boat day, its a great day, get to see the dolphins and do some snorkling, its about 2 1/2hrs by car(remember your passports and car insurance) nice hotel but over priced as they have very little competition, all in all a great trip worth doing in my opinion.
went diving in Musandam. 3 hours each way on a Dhow and not a bloody dolphin in sight
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
went diving in Musandam. 3 hours each way on a Dhow and not a bloody dolphin in sight
We went 2 weeks ago, didn't stay at the Golden Tulip as it was fully booked but were fortunate enough to have 4 lots of dolphins alongside. (Is it a school of dolphins?)
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:01 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

The Dolphin Complex will probably be showing its age now and when it was built was fairly exposed to salty air for quite a while.
Depending on how well it has been maintained it is probably still a good option. It used to be pretty upmarket.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Mallow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kirstylou
Hi again!!

Hi, I think you are referring to a housing complex in Bousher. It's a popular place to live as there's a clubhouse with restaurant, pool etc, but you are paying for the privilege of living in that environment. You can get much larger & nicer houses much cheaper elsewhere, but really depends whether you want those amenities like pool & restaurant right on your doorstep. In Muscat there's really no need to live in a complex, in my opinion. I have some colleagues who live at the Dolphin Complex and they do like it there.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Laura_Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with you there. I've been there once before for a party & also know people who live there, but in Muscat there really is no need to live in a 'complex', in my opinion.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:51 am
pkr
Just Joined

pkr is an unknown quantity at this point

The Dophin is a good place to live, great facilities such as broadband, bar, restaurant, gym, pool, tennis courts etc. Also plenty of parking.
Rent is not cheap, but then again everywhere is expensive now. Can get furnished accomodation.
Due to facilities its a good place for families and the lazy.
Would advise you get something comvienient for work though, you do not want to go from Dolphin to somewhere like Ruwi every morning, traffics a nightmare.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Daz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to allDaz968 is a name known to all

I heard there was a waiting list for places there as well. Mainly for the convenience of it all. As previoulsy mentioned - you are better off getting a villa somewhere else (cheaper) and then spending your spare cash on other stuff.