British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Doha - THOROUGH house cleaning services (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/doha-thorough-house-cleaning-services-443108/)

GedRobinson Apr 18th 2007 1:55 pm

Doha - THOROUGH house cleaning services

Hi,

I'm looking for a house cleaning service in Doha, but not just a maid, yet.

I'm looking for someone or a company who will clean a house top to bottom, and do a good job.

I'm moving into a villa, brand new, which has supposedly been cleaned after the build, but actually it's not too good. The landlord reckons he's cleaned it and I think I'm not going to get much joy there, so before putting myself, my wife, and my daughter in there, I'd like it done properly.

Anyone got any suggestions which don't involve doing it myself ;)

Thanks,

Ged

Alexa Apr 18th 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Doha - THOROUGH house cleaning services

Originally Posted by GedRobinson (Post 4660738)
Hi,

I'm looking for someone or a company who will clean a house top to bottom, and do a good job.

I'm moving into a villa, brand new, which has supposedly been cleaned after the build, but actually it's not too good. The landlord reckons he's cleaned it and I think I'm not going to get much joy there, so before putting myself, my wife, and my daughter in there, I'd like it done properly.

Thanks,

Ged

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, but that is just too funny!!!!!

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 18th 2007 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by GedRobinson (Post 4660738)
Hi,

Thanks,

Ged

Does your wife work??

Lexylou Apr 18th 2007 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 4660830)
Does your wife work??

I was thinking just the same thing.... If I asked my OH for a cleaner he would go nuts and I work!!! But maybe he just wants it nice and lovely for her arriving.....

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 18th 2007 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Lexylou (Post 4660837)
I was thinking just the same thing.... If I asked my OH for a cleaner he would go nuts and I work!!! But maybe he just wants it nice and lovely for her arriving.....

fair point.

Madam Medusa Apr 18th 2007 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Lexylou (Post 4660837)

oh LL, what do you mean if you "asked" your hubbie for a cleaner...i just tell mine after the event.

MM, xx

Lexylou Apr 18th 2007 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4660868)
oh LL, what do you mean if you "asked" your hubbie for a cleaner...i just tell mine after the event.

MM, xx

Fair point.... now where is that number for speedy clean and ironing service !!
(actually i have a good cleaner - my dh! he is the best! He loves cleaning the floors - i kid you not!)

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2007 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4660868)

MM, xx

I had a couple of maids in today to help, though DH would be well impressed when he got in, I wasn't going to admit that they had been, was going to pretend I had worked myself to a bean. But the maid broke the hoover and I was rumbled!!!

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2007 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lexylou (Post 4660898)
Fair point.... now where is that number for speedy clean and ironing service !!
(actually i have a good cleaner - my dh! he is the best! He loves cleaning the floors - i kid you not!)

He should get a good job out here in that case :lol:

Alexa Apr 18th 2007 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Lou (Post 4660749)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, but that is just too funny!!!!!

I am really sorry, I did not want to be rude, but I can assure you, you will NOT find anybody to clean anything THOROUGHLY.

GedRobinson Apr 19th 2007 3:08 am

--------------------------------
But maybe he just wants it nice and lovely for her arriving
--------------------------------

Well, that was the general idea. I would have done it myself if I wasn't working such long days trying to get up to speed in my new job.

Anyway, looks like we'll have to do it anyway, but it'll have to wait until we're all out here now. I'm out of time, returning to UK tonight to "collect" my family.
I had been hoping to get someone to do it in my absence.

G

Mellie66 Apr 19th 2007 3:09 am

We moved into a new house........that was sposed to have been cleaned by the contractors cleaners. We are still picking bits of rubble out of awkward places nearly six months on. :blink:

Whether his wife works or not is beside the point, the state of the houses when you move in (new or not here) would mean she would still be trying to get it habitable just before they move out. Check Marhaba book thingy for cleaners/or classified in Gulf Times/Peninsula.

GedRobinson Apr 19th 2007 3:15 am

Thank You. This is the first considered reply this thread has seen (apart from my OWN reply, directly above ;) )

OK. I do have a copy of that "Marhaba book thingy", but I've been using it to put my coffee mug on. Maybe I'll look in there.

Thanks for your constructive response.

G

Mellie66 Apr 19th 2007 3:23 am

Ged, when your wife gets here, send me a pm and I will give you some info re: when we get together for coffee or a girly night out. Its usually just coffee at starbucks, not one of those horrendous organised things where the company tries to push sponsors rubbish on you and plays daft 'getting to know you games'.

Lots of the other ladies have children under the age of 5 and will probably be able to help with advice re: nurseries as well.

Novita should be back soon, she's a wealth of information on Doha :)

GedRobinson Apr 19th 2007 3:27 am

Thanks. She will appreciate that very much.

We have a little one approaching 3 yrs old. We both - not just my wife - are keen to know some people in similar circumstances.

I will make sure my wife has reads this thread.

Thanks again

Ged