Doha Schools

Old May 3rd 2012, 7:14 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doha Schools

We have everything from teenager in year 10 to a pre-schooler (plus 2 in-between), Doha College was our preference on paper a) due to reputation and b) on the fact it caters for all kids. After speaking to them it appears we have no hope of getting at least one of our 4 into the school for the next 15 months, and the others mmmm let's wait and see how they fair in the waiting pool.

We need a plan B

Other school names that have been thrown about are:

Compass International
Sherbourne House
Parkhouse

Does anyone have any experience/feedback/comments on these ----- or other suggestions??
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

BerkshireGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha Schools

Hi there,

We've been through a similar search. I think there are varying opinions on schools - you may want to look on expatwoman dot com as they've recently had some discussions on schools.

Others to consider are Doha English Speaking School (DESS) (but there is also a long waiting list), Loydence Academy - on Aziziya has places, and I've seen some good things about it (there are two sites for this school and both are very different), Doha British School, ACS.

Sherbourne appears to be a really good school, but the location doesn't work for everyone. I met the headmaster recently and they'd have been a good choice for us if the location was possible.

Hope that helps, BG
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:20 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha Schools

Originally Posted by P18PPS
We have everything from teenager in year 10 to a pre-schooler (plus 2 in-between), Doha College was our preference on paper a) due to reputation and b) on the fact it caters for all kids. After speaking to them it appears we have no hope of getting at least one of our 4 into the school for the next 15 months, and the others mmmm let's wait and see how they fair in the waiting pool.

We need a plan B

Other school names that have been thrown about are:

Compass International
Sherbourne House
Parkhouse

Does anyone have any experience/feedback/comments on these ----- or other suggestions??
A work colleague recently gave me a list of English teaching schools in Doha, and the associated costs. I can send you a copy if you PM me with your email address. There are 17 schools on the list.

[J]