Reload this Page >

Doha, Qatar Paramedic

Doha, Qatar Paramedic

Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Rambo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paramedic Salary, Doha

G'day,

As an Australian Paramedic I have been offered QR11,750/mth including transport and utilities allowance by the government medical corporation to work in Doha. The position is classed as Grade 109, if that means anything to you.

The package includes fully furnished accommodation, a 42 hour working week, 6 weeks annual leave with an annual flight back to Australia, on a 3 year contract with the end of contract bonus. No schooling allowance.

This remuneration does not blow the hair back of ANY Paramedic in Australia. Does it sound fair or are they trying us out? We are happy to go for the exciting experience of helping develop a world class Ambulance Service as well as the adventure and challenge aspect you are all enjoying too.

I understand that there is such a thing as a "Western Inducement Allowance" or whatever other euphemism they may call it but how often is that made available?

Thank you for any feedback and I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheers,

Rambo

Last edited by Rambo; Oct 24th 2006 at 8:56 am.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:55 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paramedic Salary, Doha

Originally Posted by Rambo
G'day,

As an Australian Paramedic I have been offered QR11,750/mth including transport and utilities allowance by the government medical corporation to work in Doha. The position is classed as Grade 109, if that means anything to you.

The package includes fully furnished accommodation, a 42 hour working week, 6 weeks annual leave with an annual flight back to Australia, on a 3 year contract with the end of contract bonus. No schooling allowance.

This remuneration does not blow the hair back of ANY Paramedic in Australia. Does it sound fair or are they trying us out? We are happy to go for the exciting experience of helping develop a world class Ambulance Service as well as the adventure and challenge aspect you are all enjoying too.

I understand that there is such a thing as a "Western Inducement Allowance" or whatever other euphemism they may call it but how often is that made available?

Cheers,

Rambo
Rambo, do u have any kids??? Schooling here expensive if not covered by the company. For nursery will cost you at least 3.000 Qr a term.

I can't say much about your offer ... thats depend how you would live in Doha. Are you coming alone or with the families?

Welcome to the forum btw

Last edited by novita77; Oct 24th 2006 at 9:58 am.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by novita77
Rambo, do u have any kids??? Schooling here expensive if not covered by the company. For nursery will cost you at least 3.000 Qr a term.

I can't say much about your offer ... thats depend how you would live in Doha. Are you coming alone or with the families?

Welcome to the forum btw
Terima kasih banyak, Novita77 and it is selamat pagi over there I guess. Apa kabar?

I will not be bringing kids but colleagues who will be viewing this post do have some.

I will be coming alone.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:39 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Terima kasih banyak, Novita77 and it is selamat pagi over there I guess. Apa kabar?

I will not be bringing kids but colleagues who will be viewing this post do have some.

I will be coming alone.

Thanks again.
Selamat siang, kabar baik disini

If you come here alone I guess you should be OK with that offer. You don't have to think about the rent which is at the moment the price is up and up

I guess it would be worth to mention WIA to your employer ... i know some people who getting it (they work for government company).
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:43 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

G'day,

Cheers,

Rambo

Ehem(clears voice), I dont think that is enough money for a family esp if u have the schooling. Schooling is very expensive. For example for a 7yr old we pay qr6000 per term and thats just one child. Also u will need a good car if not a 4x4 which are safer considering the crazy driving. Also make sure u have suitable accomodation as rents r sky high here and ppl are leaving for the simple reason that they cannot afford the rent. U will def be need qr13 000 minimum for a villa. Just make sure they dont give u fleabags if they are offering their own accomodation.

My opinion, if they really want u they will give u anything u ask. Just make sure u play yr cards right.

Anything else u kneed to know give us a shout..
Old Oct 24th 2006, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Malteser,

We have been assured on multiple occasions that the accommodation provided by this medical corporation (I don't know if it is wise to mention the name although it is probably blantantly obvious) to us as "Senior Staff" is of a high standard and will be spacious and furnished to a high degree. "Much better accom. than many other places in the ME." If anyone has contrary information it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the tip on the car too. The crazy driving is part of the reason they want our world standard expertise. So that we can keep YOU alive a little longer!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:14 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Malteser,

We have been assured on multiple occasions that the accommodation provided by this medical corporation (I don't know if it is wise to mention the name although it is probably blantantly obvious) to us as "Senior Staff" is of a high standard and will be spacious and furnished to a high degree. "Much better accom. than many other places in the ME." If anyone has contrary information it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the tip on the car too. The crazy driving is part of the reason they want our world standard expertise. So that we can keep YOU alive a little longer!
Gawd we def need u. U have no idea wot kind of accidents u encounter here. Saw a 4x4 literally wrapped around a palm tree the other day Geeex :scared:
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks. We can only do our best. Be careful out there. Don't the local authorities try to do something about the ridiculous way they drive there? I will remember to bring a teaspoon for patient extrication!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:32 am
semarang

Thanks. We can only do our best. Be careful out there. Don't the local authorities try to do something about the ridiculous way they drive there? I will remember to bring a teaspoon for patient extrication!
Let's see how long u will last in Doha before you giving up to 'these people'
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:39 am
Melts in your Mouth

They do try to create awareness but it doesnt work. They r impatient ppl driving very fast cars. Things is u have to drive like they do or else u will be crushed. Very scarey :scared:
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:40 am
semarang

Originally Posted by Malteser
They do try to create awareness but it doesnt work. They r impatient ppl driving very fast cars. Things is u have to drive like they do or else u will be crushed. Very scarey :scared:
Hv u seen Malteser on the road ???
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Saya tidak mengerti give up to "these people". Also terima kasih for your message.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:45 am
semarang

Saya tidak mengerti give up to "these people". Also terima kasih for your message.
Terima kasih kembali

I was referring giving up to educate these people how to drive
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:47 am
Melts in your Mouth

Originally Posted by novita77
Hv u seen Malteser on the road ???

Errrr Im probably one of the best drivers on the road in Doha...
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:47 am
Just Joined

I am sure Malteser is a fine driver. At least she is concerned which sounds like a big start. I hope she takes off that blindfold though!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.