Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Old Sep 21st 2013, 2:12 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 27
MOH. Beh. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Hi All,

Now my new company will issue me a work visa and I will spend the first 2 weeks in a hotel till they avail an apartment for me , my wife and daughter must stay in home country to finish school year after which they can join me ,my issue simply is that I need my wife with me to help me with the future school selection in Qatar in addition to the furniture layout and home initial organization that I would be provided with may be within the first 2 weeks of JAN !The only option would be in February as there will be a long vacation @school, that they could join me in till they come and stay for good by next July

Based on those circumstances ,My questions are :

1)What is the best practice scenario to avail my family temporary in Qatar for the furniture organization of my home and school selection

2)If I can fly my family to Qatar on FEB.? and incase I got the RP but not yet the Family Visa, can I get them a visit visa and tickets on my own expense without facing any issues in Qatar in their temp. visit ?

3)Incase the Family visa is obtained in JAN . ?can I ask the company to fly them on temp. basis for 2 weeks in Qatar to stay with me in the hotel? after which I can fly them back to home country to complete the year then fly back again to Qatar without breaking or causing any Visa regulatory issues?


Appreciate your support Gents...
MOH. Beh. is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:03 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: bute
Posts: 8,480
scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

It is unlikely that your employer will grant your highly irregular request.
scot47 is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:25 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 27
MOH. Beh. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

no issues Scott, I can handle the financial part...
Given the fact the fact I will pay for her flight and visit Visa, can I achieve this scenario or I cannot do this with a visit Visa? Can the company just delay the paid tickets of my wife and daughter to July when they finalize their associated VISA and I will pay for the needed visit Visa and tickets in between?

Also will those companies manage all needed family visas process if I provide them with all documents needed or they just offer help for my work visa?

I asked them related Q's but they do not want to answer till I fully finalize my contract and hence needed real life experiences to be prepared accordingly...

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
It is unlikely that your employer will grant your highly irregular request.
MOH. Beh. is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 10:55 am
  #4  
Shark Fisherman
 
britexpat76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Doha
Posts: 4,568
britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. View Post
Hi All,

Now my new company will issue me a work visa and I will spend the first 2 weeks in a hotel till they avail an apartment for me , my wife and daughter must stay in home country to finish school year after which they can join me ,my issue simply is that I need my wife with me to help me with the future school selection in Qatar in addition to the furniture layout and home initial organization that I would be provided with may be within the first 2 weeks of JAN !The only option would be in February as there will be a long vacation @school, that they could join me in till they come and stay for good by next July

Based on those circumstances ,My questions are :

1)What is the best practice scenario to avail my family temporary in Qatar for the furniture organization of my home and school selection

2)If I can fly my family to Qatar on FEB.? and incase I got the RP but not yet the Family Visa, can I get them a visit visa and tickets on my own expense without facing any issues in Qatar in their temp. visit ?

3)Incase the Family visa is obtained in JAN . ?can I ask the company to fly them on temp. basis for 2 weeks in Qatar to stay with me in the hotel? after which I can fly them back to home country to complete the year then fly back again to Qatar without breaking or causing any Visa regulatory issues?


Appreciate your support Gents...


What nationality is your wife? The passport she holds makes a difference when it comes to a visit visa
britexpat76 is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 11:41 am
  #5  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,599
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Without sounding rude, can't you sort schooling and furniture yourself?
Scamp is online now  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 12:25 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 27
MOH. Beh. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

@Brit Expat>>she is Egyptian mate...
@scamp>>,its not rude ,what u said is the direct logic yes...,but I may be taken by other tasks like driving license ,documentation and the new work itself ,so wanted to offload the "furniture selection" thing from my mind to be honest, and for the schooling I prefer if we both share the decision nothing more as it affects our daughter future directly in the end...

Last edited by MOH. Beh.; Sep 22nd 2013 at 12:29 pm.
MOH. Beh. is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 12:26 pm
  #7  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,599
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. View Post
@Brit Expat>>she is Egyptian mate...
@scamp>>,its not rude ,what u said is the direct logic yes...,but I may be taken by other tasks like driving license ,documentation and the new work itself ,so wanted to offload the "furniture selection" thing from my mind to be honest, and for the schooling I prefer if we both share the decision nothing more as affects our daughter future directly in the end...
Fair enough.

Not sure on Egyptians, I know that Brits for example, just pay 200 riyals at passport control and get 30 days.

Worth checking if Egyptians can just get a tourist visa on arrival, then she'll be fine for her trip to select schools and visit Ikea
Scamp is online now  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 12:31 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 27
MOH. Beh. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Yeah that would solve the issue ,but unfortunately I do not think Egyptians are among the ones following this special procedure and on the other hand do not think they r having any certain restrictions.

In case she cannot do that, what is the best practice scenario from ur own point of view?

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Fair enough.

Not sure on Egyptians, I know that Brits for example, just pay 200 riyals at passport control and get 30 days.

Worth checking if Egyptians can just get a tourist visa on arrival, then she'll be fine for her trip to select schools and visit Ikea
MOH. Beh. is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 1:17 pm
  #9  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,599
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. View Post
Yeah that would solve the issue ,but unfortunately I do not think Egyptians are among the ones following this special procedure and on the other hand do not think they r having any certain restrictions.

In case she cannot do that, what is the best practice scenario from ur own point of view?
For you to sort furniture and schooling and she comes with the kid when your visa is sorted and theirs can be processed.

It's no ideal, but that's life I guess
Scamp is online now  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 3:41 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Doha
Posts: 156
dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

In all honesty schooling here is terrible - if you want a place for your daughter next September then when YOU arrive you need to visit all the schools that you would be happy your daughter attends and then fill out the forms and get her on a waiting list asap. You can't be too picky here about schooling or you will find yourself at the start of the school year with nowhere for her to go.
dragonladyoz is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 3:50 pm
  #11  
Shark Fisherman
 
britexpat76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Doha
Posts: 4,568
britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. View Post
@Brit Expat>>she is Egyptian mate...
@scamp>>,its not rude ,what u said is the direct logic yes...,but I may be taken by other tasks like driving license ,documentation and the new work itself ,so wanted to offload the "furniture selection" thing from my mind to be honest, and for the schooling I prefer if we both share the decision nothing more as it affects our daughter future directly in the end...
I don't know the Visa situation on arrival with Egyptian passport but at a guess it will be the same as Lebanon etc and have to be booked through yourself (When you have an RP) or by booking a hotel. The Qr100 visit Visa is only for certain countries. Also for you to sponsor your wife you will most probably need to wait 6 months as you need the bank statements to prove salary etc. As an employer here the current situation makes getting certain visa's difficult - Egyptian being one of them. Good luck to you.
britexpat76 is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 4:04 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 27
MOH. Beh. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Boss, but I heard from Egyptians that no issues in the VISA's what so ever (may be some Asian nationalities only),any how we will see that...

But just wanted your experience in one thing, would a Q-company(Qatar gas,Ras gas,QP,etc...) take care in full for such VISA's layout for me and my family given the fact that I am SS+ all associated required documents are submitted to them?


Originally Posted by britexpat76 View Post
I don't know the Visa situation on arrival with Egyptian passport but at a guess it will be the same as Lebanon etc and have to be booked through yourself (When you have an RP) or by booking a hotel. The Qr100 visit Visa is only for certain countries. Also for you to sponsor your wife you will most probably need to wait 6 months as you need the bank statements to prove salary etc. As an employer here the current situation makes getting certain visa's difficult - Egyptian being one of them. Good luck to you.
MOH. Beh. is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.