British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Doha family Visa Complicated scenario... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/doha-family-visa-complicated-scenario-809938/)

MOH. Beh. Sep 21st 2013 2:12 pm

Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

Hi All,

Now my new company will issue me a work visa and I will spend the first 2 weeks in a hotel till they avail an apartment for me , my wife and daughter must stay in home country to finish school year after which they can join me ,my issue simply is that I need my wife with me to help me with the future school selection in Qatar in addition to the furniture layout and home initial organization that I would be provided with may be within the first 2 weeks of JAN !The only option would be in February as there will be a long vacation @school, that they could join me in till they come and stay for good by next July

Based on those circumstances ,My questions are :

1)What is the best practice scenario to avail my family temporary in Qatar for the furniture organization of my home and school selection

2)If I can fly my family to Qatar on FEB.? and incase I got the RP but not yet the Family Visa, can I get them a visit visa and tickets on my own expense without facing any issues in Qatar in their temp. visit ?

3)Incase the Family visa is obtained in JAN . ?can I ask the company to fly them on temp. basis for 2 weeks in Qatar to stay with me in the hotel? after which I can fly them back to home country to complete the year then fly back again to Qatar without breaking or causing any Visa regulatory issues?

Appreciate your support Gents...

scot47 Sep 21st 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Doha family Visa Complicated scenario...

It is unlikely that your employer will grant your highly irregular request.

MOH. Beh. Sep 21st 2013 5:25 pm

no issues Scott, I can handle the financial part...
Given the fact the fact I will pay for her flight and visit Visa, can I achieve this scenario or I cannot do this with a visit Visa? Can the company just delay the paid tickets of my wife and daughter to July when they finalize their associated VISA and I will pay for the needed visit Visa and tickets in between?

Also will those companies manage all needed family visas process if I provide them with all documents needed or they just offer help for my work visa?

I asked them related Q's but they do not want to answer till I fully finalize my contract and hence needed real life experiences to be prepared accordingly...

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10911550)
It is unlikely that your employer will grant your highly irregular request.

britexpat76 Sep 22nd 2013 10:55 am

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. (Post 10911394)
Hi All,

Now my new company will issue me a work visa and I will spend the first 2 weeks in a hotel till they avail an apartment for me , my wife and daughter must stay in home country to finish school year after which they can join me ,my issue simply is that I need my wife with me to help me with the future school selection in Qatar in addition to the furniture layout and home initial organization that I would be provided with may be within the first 2 weeks of JAN !The only option would be in February as there will be a long vacation @school, that they could join me in till they come and stay for good by next July

Based on those circumstances ,My questions are :

1)What is the best practice scenario to avail my family temporary in Qatar for the furniture organization of my home and school selection

2)If I can fly my family to Qatar on FEB.? and incase I got the RP but not yet the Family Visa, can I get them a visit visa and tickets on my own expense without facing any issues in Qatar in their temp. visit ?

3)Incase the Family visa is obtained in JAN . ?can I ask the company to fly them on temp. basis for 2 weeks in Qatar to stay with me in the hotel? after which I can fly them back to home country to complete the year then fly back again to Qatar without breaking or causing any Visa regulatory issues?

Appreciate your support Gents...

What nationality is your wife? The passport she holds makes a difference when it comes to a visit visa

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 22nd 2013 11:41 am

Without sounding rude, can't you sort schooling and furniture yourself?

MOH. Beh. Sep 22nd 2013 12:25 pm

@Brit Expat>>she is Egyptian mate...
@scamp>>:),its not rude ,what u said is the direct logic yes...,but I may be taken by other tasks like driving license ,documentation and the new work itself ,so wanted to offload the "furniture selection" thing from my mind to be honest, and for the schooling I prefer if we both share the decision nothing more as it affects our daughter future directly in the end...

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 22nd 2013 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. (Post 10912412)
@scamp>>:),its not rude ,what u said is the direct logic yes...,but I may be taken by other tasks like driving license ,documentation and the new work itself ,so wanted to offload the "furniture selection" thing from my mind to be honest, and for the schooling I prefer if we both share the decision nothing more as affects our daughter future directly in the end...

Fair enough.

Not sure on Egyptians, I know that Brits for example, just pay 200 riyals at passport control and get 30 days.

Worth checking if Egyptians can just get a tourist visa on arrival, then she'll be fine for her trip to select schools and visit Ikea:thumbup:

MOH. Beh. Sep 22nd 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah that would solve the issue ,but unfortunately I do not think Egyptians are among the ones following this special procedure and on the other hand do not think they r having any certain restrictions.

In case she cannot do that, what is the best practice scenario from ur own point of view?

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10912416)
Fair enough.

Not sure on Egyptians, I know that Brits for example, just pay 200 riyals at passport control and get 30 days.

Worth checking if Egyptians can just get a tourist visa on arrival, then she'll be fine for her trip to select schools and visit Ikea:thumbup:

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 22nd 2013 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. (Post 10912422)
Yeah that would solve the issue ,but unfortunately I do not think Egyptians are among the ones following this special procedure and on the other hand do not think they r having any certain restrictions.

In case she cannot do that, what is the best practice scenario from ur own point of view?

For you to sort furniture and schooling and she comes with the kid when your visa is sorted and theirs can be processed.

It's no ideal, but that's life I guess

dragonladyoz Sep 22nd 2013 3:41 pm

In all honesty schooling here is terrible - if you want a place for your daughter next September then when YOU arrive you need to visit all the schools that you would be happy your daughter attends and then fill out the forms and get her on a waiting list asap. You can't be too picky here about schooling or you will find yourself at the start of the school year with nowhere for her to go.

britexpat76 Sep 22nd 2013 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by MOH. Beh. (Post 10912412)
@scamp>>:),its not rude ,what u said is the direct logic yes...,but I may be taken by other tasks like driving license ,documentation and the new work itself ,so wanted to offload the "furniture selection" thing from my mind to be honest, and for the schooling I prefer if we both share the decision nothing more as it affects our daughter future directly in the end...

I don't know the Visa situation on arrival with Egyptian passport but at a guess it will be the same as Lebanon etc and have to be booked through yourself (When you have an RP) or by booking a hotel. The Qr100 visit Visa is only for certain countries. Also for you to sponsor your wife you will most probably need to wait 6 months as you need the bank statements to prove salary etc. As an employer here the current situation makes getting certain visa's difficult - Egyptian being one of them. Good luck to you.

MOH. Beh. Sep 22nd 2013 4:04 pm

Boss, but I heard from Egyptians that no issues in the VISA's what so ever (may be some Asian nationalities only),any how we will see that...

But just wanted your experience in one thing, would a Q-company(Qatar gas,Ras gas,QP,etc...) take care in full for such VISA's layout for me and my family given the fact that I am SS+ all associated required documents are submitted to them?

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10912612)
I don't know the Visa situation on arrival with Egyptian passport but at a guess it will be the same as Lebanon etc and have to be booked through yourself (When you have an RP) or by booking a hotel. The Qr100 visit Visa is only for certain countries. Also for you to sponsor your wife you will most probably need to wait 6 months as you need the bank statements to prove salary etc. As an employer here the current situation makes getting certain visa's difficult - Egyptian being one of them. Good luck to you.