Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

doha dress code for women

doha dress code for women

Old Apr 7th 2012, 8:24 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default doha dress code for women

so what's the latest regarding women's dress code?
I have read lots about the aqua park and that women are required to cover up down to the knees!?! is this still the case? and what about day to day living? trousers allowed....dare I say shorts? what about skirt length?
Old Apr 7th 2012, 8:29 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: doha dress code for women

Originally Posted by P18PPS
so what's the latest regarding women's dress code?
I have read lots about the aqua park and that women are required to cover up down to the knees!?! is this still the case? and what about day to day living? trousers allowed....dare I say shorts? what about skirt length?
most of the qataris rock a mini skirt and tank top combination
Old Apr 7th 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
most of the qataris rock a mini skirt and tank top combination
No problem - there are many inappropriately dressed lebanese and eastern European women wandering around the shopping malls. Most Western women do however avoid hot pants, mini skirts and boob tubes.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 7:20 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

and what about the aqua park? anyone know what the score is there?
Old Apr 7th 2012, 10:07 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Dress code for Doha Aqua Park: Brazilian + Thongs
Old Apr 7th 2012, 10:32 pm

Will my leopard skin one be OK or do I need to cover up with my Mankini
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

and what about the aqua park? anyone know what the score is there?
The Aqua park is rubbish , i wouldn't bother . It's on the road out to K.S.A about 30mins out of the city.

Swimsuits will be fine for women , i know some people who went in bikini's and were dutifully followed about by around 30 horny Arabs .

There was a big piece in the local press last year with the local arabic women telling how their men were being corrupted by the Western harlots parading around semi-naked .

It's like a lot of things in Qatar the Aqua Park , sounds like a good idea until you get there and then you find that there's no thought or effort been put into the whole concept.

Remember that there's no real tourists here , so building things for tourism or having a good time for others usually ends up being half cocked.

If you want a water park , hop on a plane to Dubai , that's what i do .
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:54 am

co durham boy

the information you provide is excellent, and no holds barred .... however I'm intrigued - why do you remain there if everything is so bad? is the cash so very good?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

co durham boy

the information you provide is excellent, and no holds barred .... however I'm intrigued - why do you remain there if everything is so bad? is the cash so very good?
I'm only here because my job takes me here and i'm well rewarded for it . I would'nt come to any Gulf country except maybe Dubai if it wasn't for work.

I also have no real attachment to any place i work , if it's a vibrant city such as Hong Kong or Dubai then great or if it's Doha or Yemen then so be it . If somethings good it's good and if it's rubbish it's rubbish .

Expats who have lived here a long time don't like being told that , they've usually lost the ability to be objective about things .

The longer that you're in this part of the world the more cynical and negative you can become and you need to check yourself sometimes as it can have an impact on how you view things .

Expectations of life in the Gulf are usually high due to the sheen of the glitz and the glamour stories but there's a lot that goes untold .
There's a lot of good things about Qatar but there's also a lot of crap things as well being able to differentiate between the two is important for your sanity here .

Like every where in the Gulf , scratch beneath the polished facade and you'll find a rotten turd
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:40 am

I admire your ability to speak honestly - turd and all!

Then if I was to dare you to comment on the positives in Doha what would you mention?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I admire your ability to speak honestly - turd and all!

Then if I was to dare you to comment on the positives in Doha what would you mention?
Good opportunities for travel with a decent airline out of a good travel hub . There's also some great sporting facilities with easy access , a fantastic Championship Golf course and some really good restaurants and places to eat and some good quality hotels.

There's a good souk in Souk Wafiq which is really interesting and has great eating places and also the Islamic Museum Of Art . There's also a lot going on for Motor Sports fans and the Power boating fanatics .

The main downside is the limited choice and the standard varies immensely . The trouble with Qatar is that you've either got 5 star or 0 star . There's not much inbetween .

Oh and it's Tax free...
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Good opportunities for travel with a decent airline out of a good travel hub . There's also some great sporting facilities with easy access , a fantastic Championship Golf course and some really good restaurants and places to eat and some good quality hotels.

There's a good souk in Souk Wafiq which is really interesting and has great eating places and also the Islamic Museum Of Art . There's also a lot going on for Motor Sports fans and the Power boating fanatics .

The main downside is the limited choice and the standard varies immensely . The trouble with Qatar is that you've either got 5 star or 0 star . There's not much inbetween .

Oh and it's Tax free...
Five star or no star. Probably the best discription of Doha I've read. Five words that say everything.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy

Oh and it's Tax free...
Can you get a beer on the Pearl yet or still banned?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:51 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

So no Thongs and Brazilian in Aqua Park?

Do you have private resorts for super paid westerners and upper-echelon Qataris?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
So no Thongs and Brazilian in Aqua Park?

Do you have private resorts for super paid westerners and upper-echelon Qataris?
Yes mate most of the big hotels have beach clubs where you can pay to get access to the facilites and have a few beers , that's your best option really if you fancy a day at the 'seaside'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.