Doha Compounds

Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:49 am
Just Joined

middlemef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha Compounds

Hi all

I have been living in Doha for a couple of weeks and I am discovering how difficult it is to get into a decent compound. I have seen numerous decent decent looking compounds during my travels all over the city, but nothing ever comes up on propertyfinder.qa. Given that Doha has a decent turnover of expats, there must be villas and apartments being vacated on a fairly regular basis, but theres never anything that I can see. I am pretty limited to the south side of the city due to work. Any advice?

Also, as an alternative I may look at Al Wakra. Are there many expats there, specifically British expats?

Cheers!
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 10:16 am
Just Joined

middlemef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Western Expats, Doha

Hi all

I have been in Doha for two weeks and can see that there are plenty of western expats living in west bay and the pearl areas. Al Waab also seems like a popular spot. I currently work on a construction site located along mesaieed road between al wakra and mesaieed, so a southern location for me, my wife and baby to live would be preferable. For my wifes sake, we do however want to live where other western expats live (preferrably british expats). Al Wakra would be ideal, but are there many westerers there? How about Barwa Village or Barwa City? Any other spots on the south side? At a push we could look further north, but its not ideal given the traffic, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers!