Doha - animals

Old Jun 17th 2006, 5:18 pm
Malone

Default Doha - animals

My partner and I are planning on moving to Doha at the end of July, but would like to bring our dog and three cats.

Could anyone let me know if they've done this and any probs they had?

Do other people have pets out there? Do the locals like/dislike dogs? Are dogs allowed on beaches etc?

Thanks.

Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha - animals

Our Dubai pet-relocation won't directly apply to you, as there are likely different policies in place in Doha. However, I'm sure the attitude towards animals is similar, ranging from uncaring to callous... with the exception of a few expats.

No matter how much hassle it was to get our pet here, we'd do it again in an instant. If there is a Doha Consulate where you live - this is where you should start your research. Or, if you have a ministry of agriculture, ask there as well. "Facts" will differ, depending on who you ask and which way the wind is blowing.

You should begin this process a couple months before moving, as it tends to be slow and painful.

Originally Posted by Malone
My partner and I are planning on moving to Doha at the end of July, but would like to bring our dog and three cats.

Do other people have pets out there? Do the locals like/dislike dogs? Are dogs allowed on beaches etc?

Thanks.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:04 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malone

Thanks.
Personally I dont have any pets but loads of expats got their pets with them.

Pls also have a look at these sites

expatwoman.com

***********.com

A lot of ladies can answer your questions there.......
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Have a look at the Paws website for information on bringing your animals here

http://www.qataranimalwelfare.org/qa...nsideqatar.php

or a pet relocator based here

www.qatarpetrelocators.com

I hope this helps

and as Malteser said, try those other sites as well, can give you great advice and help on all things, not just your pets.