DOH to DXB travel

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:25 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DOH to DXB travel

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
QA has a 1:40 AM flight to Edinburgh, getting in at 7:20 AM, on Friday mornings.

I took this very flight a month ago (there's a long and entertaining story involved but I'll spare you). Consider flying there and then a train/easyjet/BA internally to your home airport?
I take this flight regularly, highly recommended. Edinburgh has good onwards connections to many UK airports. You can book through either QA or BA, on the same flight.

There's also a BA flight from Heathrow to Doha on a Saturday night. Leaves at 22:10 and lands about 07:05 BST on Sunday (BA0123). I took this flight coming back after Eid and went straight to the office, blaming the Doha traffic for being slightly late.

The OP could also bring the family out to Doha to visit during the school hols, book them into a nice 5* hotel with a pool and access to the beach. Lots of good deals to be had, since there are no tourists from the B4 countries.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by cookiedad
@scamp: doing that now i.e. taking Thursday off and flying at 145am Thursday morning much to the slight irritation of my boss
**** the boss. Any boss who quibbles over a day or two's leave doesn't deserve you.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
**** the boss. Any boss who quibbles over a day or two's leave doesn't deserve you.
That's rather what I thought. Seems there is a difference of expectation between employee and boss and that's not good after the deal is done!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I guess some are difficult. I'm going to the UK for work next week and it was my boss who suggested going earlier, not taking leave and spending time with my Mum.

That's the kind of boss I'd like to be when I grow up.