British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dog sitting Riyadh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dog-sitting-riyadh-642136/)

nadinesoliman Nov 25th 2009 3:13 pm

Dog sitting Riyadh

Hi ,

I just moved to Riyadh with my husband and a Labrador Retriever.
I am looking for a family owning a dog and interested in doing dog sitting for each while traveling.

Nadine

Eman Nov 25th 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Dog sitting Riyadh

Hello Nadine

Welcome to Riyadh :)
tell me what kind of dogs do u have ?

Chris79 Nov 25th 2009 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by nadinesoliman (Post 8124546)
Hi ,

I just moved to Riyadh with my husband and a Labrador Retriever.
I am looking for a family owning a dog and interested in doing dog sitting for each while traveling.

Nadine

Eman, Let me help you out. If you look above Nadine told you what dogs she had!
:thumbup:

Eman Nov 25th 2009 11:16 pm

oh Labrador Retriever
thanks Chris :lol:
Nadine PM :)

cerianne Nov 30th 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Nadine

My family and i are moving to Riyadh in Feb and we have an english springer, we would be very interested in 'a dog swap'. I would also love to know how you have found the move for both you and your dog, as i am very nervous ours won't adjust... I will try to kept in touch with you and if you dont find anyone by feb we will chat

Ceri-anne

nadinesoliman Nov 30th 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Cerianne,

I feel for you. My experience was actually much much better than i expected. On the flight I was crying from the enormous stress of the days before traveling and from the horror facing me in Riyadh airport.

Here is what you have to do:
From your country ( where are you coming from?) you have to prepare the following :
1. Vet letter indicating that your dog is Rabies free and the details of his last vaccinations ( it has to be less than a year back and more than 2 months back). This letter has to also indicate that the dog is of a hunting or guarding breed ( the only allowed use for dogs here). This document will be valid for 10 days
2. Letter from the official veterinary office or agriculture ministry or similar with the same above details. this document will be valid for 6 month ( depends on the country
3. an import letter for your dog ( in your name or your husbands, in the name of the resident).. This document you obtain from Saudi arabia agricultural ministry. Any vet in Riyadh will assist you to get it.
4.All vaccination records

Doc 1+2 have to be stamped from the Saudi embassy in your country.

At Riyadh airport there are 2 options:

1. If you had sent your dog as cargo, you will have to pick it up from the cargo building ( a separate building) after processing your documents and getting various stamps ( this process takes from 1-2 hours if everything is in place)
2. if you take you dog as an accompanying item ( like your luggage) it will arrive at the arrival hall and will be sent to the cargo etc.

Will you be living in a compound? This is a vital thing when owning a dog in Riyadh. The streets are not that pet friendly, but inside the compound it should be fine. Make sure the compound you will be at allows pets.

That's it.

keep in touch ;will send you a private message with my contacts in Riyadh.
If you need any help let me know.

Nadine

cerianne Nov 30th 2009 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by nadinesoliman (Post 8135963)
Hi Cerianne,

I feel for you. My experience was actually much much better than i expected. On the flight I was crying from the enormous stress of the days before traveling and from the horror facing me in Riyadh airport.

Here is what you have to do:
From your country ( where are you coming from?) you have to prepare the following :
1. Vet letter indicating that your dog is Rabies free and the details of his last vaccinations ( it has to be less than a year back and more than 2 months back). This letter has to also indicate that the dog is of a hunting or guarding breed ( the only allowed use for dogs here). This document will be valid for 10 days
2. Letter from the official veterinary office or agriculture ministry or similar with the same above details. this document will be valid for 6 month ( depends on the country
3. an import letter for your dog ( in your name or your husbands, in the name of the resident).. This document you obtain from Saudi arabia agricultural ministry. Any vet in Riyadh will assist you to get it.
4.All vaccination records

Doc 1+2 have to be stamped from the Saudi embassy in your country.

At Riyadh airport there are 2 options:

1. If you had sent your dog as cargo, you will have to pick it up from the cargo building ( a separate building) after processing your documents and getting various stamps ( this process takes from 1-2 hours if everything is in place)
2. if you take you dog as an accompanying item ( like your luggage) it will arrive at the arrival hall and will be sent to the cargo etc.

Will you be living in a compound? This is a vital thing when owning a dog in Riyadh. The streets are not that pet friendly, but inside the compound it should be fine. Make sure the compound you will be at allows pets.

That's it.

keep in touch ;will send you a private message with my contacts in Riyadh.
If you need any help let me know.

Nadine

just need to send you this twice as the PM is restricted to users with more than 3