British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dog Friendly hotel needed - urgent (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dog-friendly-hotel-needed-urgent-778066/)

Greg2012 Nov 19th 2012 8:35 am

Dog Friendly hotel needed - urgent

Hi All

I desperately need to find a dog friendly hotel or short term apartment to rent in Dubai. For probably 3 or 4 weeks starting 1st December. Anyone know of anything?

Blue Cat Nov 19th 2012 10:12 am

Re: Dog Friendly hotel needed - urgent

not dog friendly no, do you not know anyone here who could take the dog for you? I can't I have 5 cats

mentalist Nov 19th 2012 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Greg2012 (Post 10389937)
Hi All

I desperately need to find a dog friendly hotel or short term apartment to rent in Dubai. For probably 3 or 4 weeks starting 1st December. Anyone know of anything?

Are we talking cute little terrier or big barking monster?

Greg2012 Nov 19th 2012 10:28 am

Very cute little terrier - 4 months old. And, we're new here we don't know anyone :(

He can travel to the UK at the end of January so we're stuck until then. He's flying up from Tanzania with me on 30th November

Blue Cat Nov 19th 2012 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Greg2012 (Post 10390101)
Very cute little terrier - 4 months old. And, we're new here we don't know anyone :(

He can travel to the UK at the end of January so we're stuck until then. He's flying up from Tanzania with me on 30th November

Kittycat might be able to help she has been looking after someone elses little dog for a few weeks, I am sure between us we will be able to find someone to help out

Greg2012 Nov 19th 2012 10:37 am

1 Attachment(s)
He's very clean, especially after he fell into our pool - see attached!

Any help is great, guys. I'm getting nervous!!

Blue Cat Nov 19th 2012 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Greg2012 (Post 10390113)
He's very clean, especially after he fell into our pool - see attached!

Any help is great, guys. I'm getting nervous!!

aww he is dead cute, worse case scenario is he goes into kennels but I am sure someone will be able to help out seeing as it is only a month

rowell Nov 19th 2012 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10390123)
aww he is dead cute, worse case scenario is he goes into kennels but I am sure someone will be able to help out seeing as it is only a month

Not sure cute is the right word, looks a scruffy git to me

co durham boy Nov 19th 2012 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Greg2012 (Post 10389937)
Hi All

York Hotel mate , it's full of dogs....

Greg2012 Nov 19th 2012 11:41 am

And how would you know, exactly :nod: DB?

co durham boy Nov 19th 2012 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Greg2012 (Post 10390229)
And how would you know, exactly :nod: DB?

It's been a regular watering hole of mine for over 15 years.....;)

Ethos83 Nov 19th 2012 3:44 pm

The one hotel in Dubai that does accept pets is the Trade Centre Apartments. They're older buildings on Sheikh Zayed by the Trade Centre Roundabout. A friend stayed there for a week with his dog and cat before he left Dubai earlier this year. Crap apartment style hotel suites - very dated but clean and there's a large pool out in the back with cheap beer. The real downside is that it's expensive.

The other option is to troll Dubizzle for short term stays. You can probably find a cheap studio for a month out in Discovery Gardens.

Ethos83 Nov 19th 2012 3:48 pm

You can also try pleading your case on the expatwoman forum and see if there's a friendly western woman who's willing to house sit your dog for a month in exchange for a nominal fee.

mentalist Nov 20th 2012 3:02 am

Don't you bother replying to private messages?:confused:

Greg2012 Nov 20th 2012 7:24 am

Steady on - some o us have to work.....