Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

does anyone know whats its like?

does anyone know whats its like?

Old Oct 16th 2004, 1:22 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default does anyone know whats its like?

right folks candid opinions are sought.
i have spotted the ramee hotel apartments online which are pretty cheap, im looking to stay there for a month until im sorted out elsewhere, can anyone who knows them or has heard about them give me some feedback. im not to bothered if they are quite cheap and nasty but if im likely to be bothered by tarts and russian mafia types a lot then i probably wouldnt stay there.
also anyone heard of or know these places, similar price bracket so pretty cheap.
richmond hotel appartments
london crown hotel appartments
palm beach rotana inn
ibis world trade centre
ascot hotel
thx guys
face oh living font of all dubai knowledge may i seek your wisdom master lol
chris
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:34 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: does anyone know whats its like?

Originally Posted by shiva
i have spotted the ramee hotel apartments online which are pretty cheap, im looking to stay there for a month until im sorted out elsewhere, can anyone who knows them or has heard about them give me some feedback. im not to bothered if they are quite cheap and nasty but if im likely to be bothered by tarts and russian mafia types a lot then i probably wouldnt stay there.
also anyone heard of or know these places, similar price bracket so pretty cheap.
palm beach rotana inn
ibis world trade centre
ascot hotel
thx guys
chris
Cheeky bugger...........U may seek my wisdom. hahaha

Let me start with Ramee.........I have to say that that name does ring a bell, but its exact location isnt something I am too familiar with. Judging from wot I have read on the following websites, it is located in the heart of Dubai. The old city centre. This area wud have a very market place type feel with loads of traders and shops all around u. The facilities seem good and the hotel has a web site, which is a plus.
http://www.regentdubai.com/rameeapartment.html
http://www.hotels-discount-now.com/h...artments_0.jpg
http://hotel.undercovertourist.com/u...partments.html

By staying in this area, u are asking for tarts and russian mafia mate. How about something else? I have looked up a few more places for u:

Rihab Rotana Residence:
http://www.rotana.com/Aspx/Hotel.aspx?HotelId=11

Khaleej Holiday Apartments:
http://www.southtravels.com/middleea...haleejholiday/

I live close to Khaleej Holiday Apartments and it is a nice, "clean" area.

This site has loads of furnished apartments listed, with their contact info and websites. Might be worth a look:
http://www.dubaicityguide.com/tourism/apartments.asp

The Ibis might be good as it is off SZR and is centrally located.

Try City centre residence too
http://www.dubaicityguide.com/touris...tls.asp?id=357

If u r really keen on RAMEE Apartments, just send me a text/PM or wotever and I will try and get their exact location for u so I can give u a more precise overview of its locale.

Some of the other ones u mentioned are familiar too......Ascot isnt in the best of areas.........and now I am going to have Joe yelling at me for being snobby.......Its nothing personal Joe, but the area isnt somehwere I wud recommend staying in. Visiting Waxies for an hour or 2 is fine, but staying there......not a chance for me mate.

Tell me exactly wot sort of locale + budget u r targeting Chris and I will c if i can suggest a few known places for u.

I hope that my wisdom will help u c the light........lol
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

I know of someone that is renting out their house on the Meadows on a weekly basis. It is a large 5br house with a big pool and scenic landscaping, and so is perfect for a month out here till you are all sorted.
If you are interested do let me know and I'll speak to them, it will be available in less than a week so they are looking for someone to lease it. It's on a weekly lease as I said.

Do let me know!
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:17 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
Some of the other ones u mentioned are familiar too......Ascot isnt in the best of areas.........and now I am going to have Joe yelling at me for being snobby.......Its nothing personal Joe, but the area isnt somehwere I wud recommend staying in. Visiting Waxies for an hour or 2 is fine, but staying there......not a chance for me mate.l
i refuse to rise to such baiting...

I was going to say that the benefit of Ascots was the 2 sec stumble in Waxies!
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:22 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

palm beach rotana inn
ibis world trade centre
ascot hotel
thx guys
chris
The Winchester Grand is Ok - behind the Old Spinneys on the Regal Xroad - 6500 a month for a nice, good sized, managed one bed aptmt. Stayed there fr a few months myself - If yr interested i'll look up the number and let know.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:07 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

atleast u didnt execute me for running down the area. phew! I am honestly not comforatable walking the streets in areas like that. Just dont feel lright. Hard to explain. And its not an ego thing.

There are far better places to stumble into than Waxies, though I do admit that it was alot better than i expected it to be.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:07 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

thx guys thats brilliant.
face ill check out ur numerous links and get back to you.
chris
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:59 pm
The Oracle

thx guys thats brilliant.
face ill check out ur numerous links and get back to you.
chris
will be waiting.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
I know of someone that is renting out their house on the Meadows on a weekly basis. It is a large 5br house with a big pool and scenic landscaping, and so is perfect for a month out here till you are all sorted.
If you are interested do let me know and I'll speak to them, it will be available in less than a week so they are looking for someone to lease it. It's on a weekly lease as I said.

Do let me know!

I would be interested in the details please! I have guest coming over in the new year and they will need a place to stay. Can you PM the details.
ta
Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:15 am
Beduoin_Boy

palm beach rotana inn
ibis world trade centre
ascot hotel
thx guys
chris

Are you interested to stay in Deira?

I could tell you of some hotel that have decent rates!

Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:19 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

I just gave you Karma! And now I have to give to CP and give her karma as she learned me how to do it.

Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:34 pm
**** it we'll do it live

just thought id bring this thread back to 1st screen sry, but am still looking for feedback especially from the newbies
thx
chris
Old Oct 19th 2004, 7:21 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

just thought id bring this thread back to 1st screen sry, but am still looking for feedback especially from the newbies
thx
chris
I was considered a newbie will I have done over 500 posts...