Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Does anybody read The Gulf Blog?

Does anybody read The Gulf Blog?

Old May 24th 2010, 8:22 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anybody read The Gulf Blog?

"Islam needs a reformation" is one example of a really thoughtful and well-thought out comment. In our opinion anyway ...

http://thegulfblog.com/
Old May 25th 2010, 4:58 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anybody read The Gulf Blog?

Originally Posted by hnd
"Islam needs a reformation" is one example of a really thoughtful and well-thought out comment. In our opinion anyway ...

http://thegulfblog.com/
Good find!
Old May 25th 2010, 5:29 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

No, but I was amazed to read that the King of Thailand is allegedly the wealthiest Head of State.
Old May 25th 2010, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

paulbkk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
No, but I was amazed to read that the King of Thailand is allegedly the wealthiest Head of State.
Even though, they have no oil. you will more amaze if you know that he own most of the prime area in Bangkok. the most important thing is tax is exempted
Old May 26th 2010, 11:47 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulbkk
Even though, they have no oil. you will more amaze if you know that he own most of the prime area in Bangkok. the most important thing is tax is exempted
What I am more amazed at is your assertion that Thailand has no oil....

Link here...

1.1M bpd is hardly no oil....
Old May 26th 2010, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

desertexile is an unknown quantity at this point

The King of Thailand. best PR stunt the world has ever seen. 99% of the population afre Thaibots who buy into the whole demi god thing.
Old May 27th 2010, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
What I am more amazed at is your assertion that Thailand has no oil....

Link here...

1.1M bpd is hardly no oil....
Yes, that considerably NO. if you outlook the oil output from neighboring country like Malaysia, Indonesia or Brunei.
Even Myanmar has better energy potential than Thailand. But that is not the matter. My point is how can he be so rich while the country still poor!
Old May 27th 2010, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by desertexile
The King of Thailand. best PR stunt the world has ever seen. 99% of the population afre Thaibots who buy into the whole demi god thing.
You are absolutely right. The Thais great him as a working angel or second after Budha.
I think I am the 1% camp
Old May 27th 2010, 9:10 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that considerably NO. if you outlook the oil output from neighboring country like Malaysia, Indonesia or Brunei.
Even Myanmar has better energy potential than Thailand. But that is not the matter. My point is how can he be so rich while the country still poor!
Lets see...

Expected production figures for 2010 and proven reserves at 2010....

Brunei - 175,200bpd & 1,100Mbbl
Malaysia - 727,200bpd & 4,000Mbbl
Indonesia - 1,051,000bpd & 3,990Mbbl
Thailand - 1,073,000bpd & 441Mbbl
Myanmar - 22,120bpd & 50Mbbl

Don't quite know how your maths is, but from those numbers, whilst your reserves may be less than all except Myanmar in the area, the income being generated by current production is on a par, if not more, than your oil-producing neighbours...

You then can also start adding in the Natural Gas income being generated as well..

Last edited by TGFKASE; May 27th 2010 at 9:14 am.
Old May 27th 2010, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Lets see...

Expected production figures for 2010 and proven reserves at 2010....

Brunei - 175,200bpd & 1,100Mbbl
Malaysia - 727,200bpd & 4,000Mbbl
Indonesia - 1,051,000bpd & 3,990Mbbl
Thailand - 1,073,000bpd & 441Mbbl
Myanmar - 22,120bpd & 50Mbbl

Don't quite know how your maths is, but from those numbers, whilst your reserves may be less than all except Myanmar in the area, the income being generated by current production is on a par, if not more, than your oil-producing neighbours...

You then can also start adding in the Natural Gas income being generated as well..
#TGFKASE, I think we should start new thread.
Are you in the oil biz? I am not
See, my number may not accurate, however, if Thailand have that much oil, why the street price is higher than Malaysia. Where are those oil going..?Why they have to import?
Old May 27th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

#TGFKASE, I think we should start new thread.
Are you in the oil biz? I am not
See, my number may not accurate, however, if Thailand have that much oil, why the street price is higher than Malaysia. Where are those oil going..?Why they have to import?
don't go there on any sort of logical relationship between reserves & street price!

UK, Brazil, Netherlands, Norway versus Venezuela, Qatar, Saudi, UAE
Old May 27th 2010, 9:36 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Brains1983
don't go there on any sort of logical relationship between reserves & street price!

UK, Brazil, Netherlands, Norway versus Venezuela, Qatar, Saudi, UAE
You beat me to it......lol
Old May 27th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

You beat me to it......lol
some of it you get used to, the labor and salaries over here for the majority mean that the fuel price has to be low, and Venezuela is a pretty poor country so they keep the fuel low.

I've gave up with arguing any sort of case for the UK, however have to admit if your willing to work then there's money to be made and the fuel doesn't have to become a luxury as the unwashed in the UK would have you believe.

Norway is just ****ing expensive, however relative to income. Dutch get screwed for everything much like the UK.

Can't get my head round the price in Brazil. Fuel isn't really that much cheaper than it is in the UK (was about 1 GBP p/litre last time I was there), yet generally they earn about 30% on a like for liek profession.

Guess most if it ends up in Lulas pocket...
Old May 27th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

desertexile is an unknown quantity at this point

You are absolutely right. The Thais great him as a working angel or second after Budha.
I think I am the 1% camp
I speak Thai and am able to really press the locals in private. In the UK over songkran at one festival, half the folks stopped singing the national anthem part about the Queen - since supporting the yellows, she has lost a lot of respect.