Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Does anybody know??

Does anybody know??

Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:40 am
Just Joined

adam_81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anybody know??

Ok im in Dubai as my fiance goes to the American University of Shajah. I already have accomodation in Diera (cheap and cheerful shared). I thought i had a job secured but turns out that my arab boss is a bull shitter and untrustworthy. I have a diploma in vehicle mechanics with 9 years experience but this trade does not seem to be hiring at this hard time, also i have 2 years experience in composites industry. Have looked at job sites and all the rest and sent my cv out to loads but to no avail. Does anyone know anybody looking for a hard working englishman?? Im 27 and running out of funds so will take pretty much any job as long as its not slave labour lol. Thanks for reading.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anybody know??

Maybe you could try advertising your services as a qualified mechanic on a freelance basis as not everyone can afford to use the main dealerships.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adam_81 View Post
Ok im in Dubai as my fiance goes to the American University of Shajah. I already have accomodation in Diera (cheap and cheerful shared). I thought i had a job secured but turns out that my arab boss is a bull shitter and untrustworthy. I have a diploma in vehicle mechanics with 9 years experience but this trade does not seem to be hiring at this hard time, also i have 2 years experience in composites industry. Have looked at job sites and all the rest and sent my cv out to loads but to no avail. Does anyone know anybody looking for a hard working englishman?? Im 27 and running out of funds so will take pretty much any job as long as its not slave labour lol. Thanks for reading.
have you driven round all the garages in Al Barsha and dropped your CV of with them?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adam_81 View Post
I've just sent you a PM that could help.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Hey thanks guys but all is well now, i have a job Dubai is so strange, this morning i was unemployed!! Being british was pretty much the only reason i got a job so quick
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:43 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Well done and good luck to you
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Robel is an unknown quantity at this point

years experience but this trade does not seem to be hiring at this hard time, also i have 2 years experience in composites industry. Have looked at job sites and all the rest and sent my cv out to loads but to no avail. Does anyone know anybody looking for a hard working englishman?? Im 27 and running out of funds so will take pretty much any job as long as its not slave labour lol. Thanks for reading.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

But hey im still open to offers as its not the ideal job.........