British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Do you think we should start charging people? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/do-you-think-we-should-start-charging-people-268149/)

Face81 Nov 23rd 2004 4:53 am

Do you think we should start charging people?

Ok...... just want to be serious for a minute..... JC and I are considering charing people for info on Dubai. Hold on..... dont fall out of your respective chairs just yet! lol

In light of the amount of information we part with, this could be a chance to make some money! Always good.

We just want to see how much demand there would be for such a service, which could someday grow into in a full blown relocation service.

So vote honestly. Public vote as neither u nor I have anything to lose by voting.

Be nice! Its only an idea...... so far! lol

Palm Tree Nov 23rd 2004 7:25 am

Re: Do you think we should start charging people?

Originally Posted by Face81
Ok...... just want to be serious for a minute..... JC and I are considering charing people for info on Dubai. Hold on..... dont fall out of your respective chairs just yet! lol

In light of the amount of information we part with, this could be a chance to make some money! Always good.

We just want to see how much demand there would be for such a service, which could someday grow into in a full blown relocation service.

So vote honestly. Public vote as neither u nor I have anything to lose by voting.

Be nice! Its only an idea...... so far! lol

The sort of answer I would give isn't featured.

Good idea but not much in it!

There are already relocation service companies making money, so it wouldn't be easy to crack into the market. It would depend how serious you are. Any business start up is very hard and challenging and often not very rewarding and therefore requires 200% input. Unless you have some unusual genius idea on how to provide information, it will be tough. In Dubai, no one can afford to sleep and has to make sure that any new competition popping up can be shaken off easily. Can you guys be bothered? I have my doubts even though I would give you my full support, FREE OF CHARGE. Also with Dubai Explorer around, people get pretty well covered. Keep thinking, don't give up just yet! :beer:

Truth Speak Nov 23rd 2004 7:52 am

As per Pts post - there's already lots of relo companies around - they do everything, including sorting yr removals from origin to finding housing, jobs, connecting DEWA etcetera - a friend used to work with one - so its probably gonna be difficult to find yr niche. Also u need alot of resources behind u as no-one has all the expertise.

Sorry Face - why not become a local tour guide?? :)

Face81 Nov 23rd 2004 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Sorry Face - why not become a local tour guide?? :)

me? a tour guide? now wheres the money in that? unless its a tour company or sommat..... hmmmm....... tough though..... the idea is to capitalise on Joes creativity and my bank of info on Dubai...... me thinks a re-visit to the drawing board at the pub is in order! lol

Face81 Nov 23rd 2004 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
The sort of answer I would give isn't featured.

Good idea but not much in it!

ur honest answer is much appreciated..... there seems to be some potential in this somewhere.... just need 2 find it. Cud be worth looking into.... not that i am planning to make a career or family fortune out of it, but it could be fun and I do realise that a mega commitment wud be required, both in terms of time and money. will have to keep thinking...........

novita77 Nov 23rd 2004 5:21 pm

me? a tour guide? now wheres the money in that? unless its a tour company or sommat..... hmmmm....... tough though..... the idea is to capitalise on Joes creativity and my bank of info on Dubai...... me thinks a re-visit to the drawing board at the pub is in order! lol

How about 'RELOCATING CONSULTANT'? U can charge them by the hours.
Just an idea really... who knows doing some good for you. :D

Face81 Nov 23rd 2004 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by novita77
How about 'RELOCATING CONSULTANT'? U can charge them by the hours.
Just an idea really... who knows doing some good for you. :D

thanks for the advice...... will keep that idea in mind! :D

Palm Tree Nov 24th 2004 2:47 am

ur honest answer is much appreciated..... there seems to be some potential in this somewhere.... just need 2 find it. Cud be worth looking into.... not that i am planning to make a career or family fortune out of it, but it could be fun and I do realise that a mega commitment wud be required, both in terms of time and money. will have to keep thinking...........

There are potentials everywhere lurking around and despite not knowing you and Joe personally, I do feel that people who even consider and sweat their brain out have a good chance in life. Who knows what more you will come up with when indulging in some more :beer:

Thanks for the Karma, I am a bit left out but then I don't go begging either.

shiva Nov 24th 2004 5:54 am

sorry m8 but its not a niche area and youd be taking on some big players which is never a good idea in a start up co.

however tour guide is maybe a winner with tourism going through the roof, or write a book ,explorer seems to sell pretty well. writing a book can cost you nothing to do, you wont need to do too much research as ur already an oracle on dubai. write a chapter or two and take it to a publisher and see what they say, u might get a fat advance to write it.

Face81 Nov 24th 2004 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by shiva
sorry m8 but its not a niche area and youd be taking on some big players which is never a good idea in a start up co.

however tour guide is maybe a winner with tourism going through the roof, or write a book ,explorer seems to sell pretty well. writing a book can cost you nothing to do, you wont need to do too much research as ur already an oracle on dubai. write a chapter or two and take it to a publisher and see what they say, u might get a fat advance to write it.

thankyou for the very honest and sincere advice.....

writing a chapter or two will be no problem at all..... have got the info up here (he says while tapping the side of his head) and then I have Joe to do the design work... and I cud split the profit 50-50 with him! :) Can share 10% with u for the idea aswell.... or wud u want a bigger share? lol

good ideas coming in now..... might do it and see what the explorer makes of my insider info on Dubai...... or i cud call the book, The Insider. hmmmm...... theres a thought!

will have to start giving this some serious thought as there is potential in this somewhere..... i know there is. :rolleyes:

Truth Speak Nov 25th 2004 2:27 am

thankyou for the very honest and sincere advice.....

writing a chapter or two will be no problem at all..... have got the info up here (he says while tapping the side of his head) and then I have Joe to do the design work... and I cud split the profit 50-50 with him! :) Can share 10% with u for the idea aswell.... or wud u want a bigger share? lol

good ideas coming in now..... might do it and see what the explorer makes of my insider info on Dubai...... or i cud call the book, The Insider. hmmmm...... theres a thought!

will have to start giving this some serious thought as there is potential in this somewhere..... i know there is. :rolleyes:

How about a UAE joke book :)