Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Do I Authenticate my Degree before i get to Dubai?

Do I Authenticate my Degree before i get to Dubai?

Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all
Default Do I Authenticate my Degree before i get to Dubai?

Hi guys Sorry Another Question do I have to get a solicitor to sign and stamp a copy of the degree to make an authentic copy?

Or Do i have to do anything else before I come?
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I Authenticate my Degree before i get to Dubai?

Originally Posted by londonguy28
Hi guys Sorry Another Question do I have to get a solicitor to sign and stamp a copy of the degree to make an authentic copy?

Have it signed and stamped the local education authority, ministry of exterior and also the UAE Embassy...
And also buy a plane ticket...
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Confucius
Have it signed and stamped the local education authority, ministry of exterior and also the UAE Embassy...
And also buy a plane ticket...

Thanks and LOL I forgot to get the plane ticket
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and LOL I forgot to get the plane ticket
You can never be too careful...
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:00 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get it fully attested / notorised...

1) Make copy and have it authenticated by soliciter
2) Have Commenwealth and Foreign Office stamp it as genuine
3) Have UAE London consulate stamp it

4) Once in Dubai your PRO will have it stamped by UAE here...

It is horrible to try and do from Dubai - do it all before you get here and it is much better...

Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Autonomy

It is horrible to try and do from Dubai - do it all before you get here and it is much better...

Is this all for a UK Uni Degree? Wow I thought UK Degrees were will known all across the world....

Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:12 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Is this all for a UK Uni Degree? Wow I thought UK Degrees were will known all across the world....

Thanks
It's called authentication - making sure it's not a fake.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
you can do it all by post after getting it signed by a solicitor. That bit was easy for me as I worked for a law firm at the time.
Mail it to the FCO and include a stamped addressed envelope to the UAE embassy. The FCO will send it direct to them. Make sure you incluse another SAE for the Embassy to send it back to you.

Takes a few weeks though. You can also do it in person which would be easy if you live in or near London.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Inselaffen;5804273]you can do it all by post after getting it signed by a solicitor. That bit was easy for me as I worked for a law firm at the time.
Mail it to the FCO and include a stamped addressed envelope to the UAE embassy. The FCO will send it direct to them. Make sure you incluse another SAE for the Embassy to send it back to you.

What is the FCO? Do you have to mail of your original certificate or just a copy with the signed solicitors letter?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Autonomy

What is PRO? You have to have both the Commenwealth and foreign office stamp it as well as the UAE London? Do you do all this by sending the original?Seems risky if that is the case?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=axlenoyl;5807143]
Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you can do it all by post after getting it signed by a solicitor. That bit was easy for me as I worked for a law firm at the time.

What is the FCO? Do you have to mail of your original certificate or just a copy with the signed solicitors letter?
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Think its has to be the original. which means it is ruined.

luckily I had 4 to choose from
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Inselaffen;5807157]
Originally Posted by axlenoyl

Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Think its has to be the original. which means it is ruined.

luckily I had 4 to choose from
FCO - thanks
Can i get other originals then from the University?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=axlenoyl;5807167]
Originally Posted by Inselaffen

FCO - thanks
Can i get other originals then from the University?
think you can chuck them a few quid and they give you a new copy
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Do you only have to do this for your first work permit?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well once you have done it you will have it for any future work permits. they dont keep it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.