Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Do guys like to intimidate women drivers?

Do guys like to intimidate women drivers?

Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:05 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do guys like to intimidate women drivers?

Originally Posted by spring_chicken
Hubby keeps on telling me too that I should learn to drive defensively...be cautious and not a sissy. Told him its fine for you

I say the same! They are able to be more forceful than us, dont u think?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:07 am
Dont Cry in Dubai

davidbrooks70 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Jammy Dodgers. Well it seems their are an abudance of such cretins in this part of the world, although I think Singapore is worse. I dont know how many Mercedes and BMWs I saw parked by their owners in front of some shitty little second floor rat hole of an apartment there ...
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:09 am
Just Joined

spring_chicken will become famous soon enoughspring_chicken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I say the same! They are able to be more forceful than us, dont u think?
Very true...

Men can also get into heated arguments, so guess people think twice b4 getting into a sticky situation.

On the other hand, women are so gentle...though I did put my window down to give the guy a few colorful words

Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:11 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Very true...

Men can also get into heated arguments, so guess people think twice b4 getting into a sticky situation.

On the other hand, women are so gentle...though I did put my window down to give the guy a few colorful words

Strange...I always though men were diplomatic and women confrontational....
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:12 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks David ... My other half tells me this so often thats why Im going to do a defensive driving coarse! It may help also.
Your other half probably also tells you that he is a better driver than you
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:13 am
Dont Cry in Dubai

davidbrooks70 will become famous soon enough

I would advise to be careful giving "colorful words" or the finger. A friend of mine decided to give a guy the finger once. The next morning he woke up and found his car was missing. He called the police, and they told him to come round. When he got there he discovered the guy he had given the finger too had reported him (the guy was a local). The police then impounded his car, and also wanted to arrest him.

He was only saved by the fact that the company he worked for was able to pull some strings. The moral of the story is not too be too aggressive with other drivers in case they are nasty locals.

-David
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:14 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Very true...

When I am on my own I drive much better.. And have a few times mouthed a few words to a few idiots that dont realise that the car has indicaters and how is they can concentrate on the roads , drive a car and still talk on the mobile... beats me!!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:16 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidbrooks70
I would advise to be careful giving "colorful words" or the finger. A friend of mine decided to give a guy the finger once. The next morning he woke up and found his car was missing. He called the police, and they told him to come round. When he got there he discovered the guy he had given the finger too had reported him (the guy was a local). The police then impounded his car, and also wanted to arrest him.

He was only saved by the fact that the company he worked for was able to pull some strings. The moral of the story is not too be too aggressive with other drivers in case they are nasty locals.

-David
My 10 year old normally obligues with the middle finger sign bless, would they arrest him?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by davidbrooks70
Unfortunately for Dubai, you need an offensive driving course. I have driven cars in the following countries:

1) England
2) US
3) Canada
4) Japan
5) Malaysia
6) Kuwait

and Dubai is the worst place I have ever driven. By the time I get to work each morning, I am in such a foul mood, I want to start drinking.

-David

Oh, I just love driving in Dubai. It is so much more exciting than the little roads in Bournemouth but so much safer and well organised compared to Cairo and Tehran. Anyone needs some lessons to be more brave just take some lessons in other Middle Eastern or Asian cities where chaos is the norm and 5 lanes turn into 10.

I just ignore who ever feels more in power than me. Sometimes I loose, sometimes I win.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Your other half probably also tells you that he is a better driver than you

Nah I dont think he dare! He drives his way and I will drive mine! Yes I have passed my test but Im still learning, advice from time to time is nice but I still prefer to get on with it.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:45 am
Banned

Nah I dont think he dare! He drives his way and I will drive mine! Yes I have passed my test but Im still learning, advice from time to time is nice but I still prefer to get on with it.
Better to learn from experience, my hubby is a terrible back seat driver, mind yu it doesn't help that I used to be a taxi driver :scared:
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:51 am

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Jellybean
Better to learn from experience, my hubby is a terrible back seat driver, mind yu it doesn't help that I used to be a taxi driver :scared:[/QUOTE
]

So I guess that being a taxi driver you know how to be forcefull on the roads? In the uk I have seen some real bad taxi drivers ~ thats not implying that your the same!

My hubby cant stand being a passenger!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:16 am
Banned

[QUOTE=Heart of gold]
]

So I guess that being a taxi driver you know how to be forcefull on the roads? In the uk I have seen some real bad taxi drivers ~ thats not implying that your the same!

My hubby cant stand being a passenger!
Yes seeing things from a different perspective when time is money I can understand how it looks.

I can be quite forceful if i have to, it's a quiet confidence in my driving ability. I don't drive fast or wild but follow the rules of the road with little doubt about my abilities. This also attracts unwanted attention at times, men, especially locals hate this kind of attitude in a woman.

I don't find the driving bad here, no worse than some places in the UK, it normally comes down to disipline and lack of driving experience. No I am not referring to you Heart, I am referring to the Indian labourers, who in my opinion have very little knowledge or experience of correct road or lane disipline.

I love driving and I think that helps, I very rarely arrive anywhere pulling my hair out.

I have had one incident here involving a local who didn't like my assertiveness and tried to run me off the road. I normally let them go on their merry way but he caught me on a bad day, and it pissed him off. What I found scary was the sheer anger in this man, not the fact that he was quite happy to make contact with my car in the fast lane on SZ road.... he had actually followed me from a parking slot, which he had let me out of. What he actually wanted was for me to stop after he had let me out, I have no idea what his problem was from start to finish
Old Jan 12th 2005, 7:54 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to know...cos everyday I seem to encounter some a**h**e on the road, who takes great pleasure in not giving me way to change lanes and then drives alongside me and smiles.

Do men get entertained by this?
Right then ladies....have you taken note of the make of cars, that are the offending idiot male & female i have to say...other than our friends that drive the battered old vans...bless...they go with out say that's par for the course.

Watch out today and let me know i'd like to see if my thoughts are correct
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

It is always the ones driving in greenish Porsches on the road that offend me. I dearly want to pull them over and give them a spank!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.