Reload this Page >

Do Dubai TV's work in the UK?

Do Dubai TV's work in the UK?

Old May 8th 2010, 2:34 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough
Default Do Dubai TV's work in the UK?

Hey,

I'm moving home (UK) in a couple of months and was wondering if TV;s that are bought in Dubai work in England?

Any advise is appreciated.

Cheers,
Old May 8th 2010, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default Re: Do Dubai TV's work in the UK?

Originally Posted by twisty100
Hey,

I'm moving home (UK) in a couple of months and was wondering if TV;s that are bought in Dubai work in England?

Cheers,
Unless they're ancient, then yes.
CH
Old May 8th 2010, 4:14 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

Cheers,
Afraid not, but they do work in Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Figure that one out

Last edited by MacScot; May 8th 2010 at 4:31 pm.
Old May 8th 2010, 4:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Afraid not, but they do work in Northern ireland, Wales and Scotland. Figure that one out
hoho
Old May 8th 2010, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

The OP is none the wiser. I took home a VCR player from Saudi 10 years ago, which didn't work when it reached the UK.
Old May 9th 2010, 3:46 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it will be fine.
Old May 10th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

graydxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Cheers,
Reception in the UK is now digital and, when it was analogue, used a different subcarrier frequency for the audio.So no it won't work.......
But if you buy a freeview box, in the UK, and plug it in to your telly it will work!
Old May 10th 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Tulkyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by graydxb
Reception in the UK is now digital and, when it was analogue, used a different subcarrier frequency for the audio.So no it won't work.......
But if you buy a freeview box, in the UK, and plug it in to your telly it will work!
That answer is as clear as mud
Old May 11th 2010, 6:03 am
Just Joined

graydxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Cheers,
Sorry- the nerd in me got out.

A dubai TV will not work in the UK just by plugging the ariel into it.

If you plug a Freeview box (digital receiver) into the ariel and plug that into the TV it will work
Old May 11th 2010, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a freeview box in the UK before I moved out here- they are only like 20 quid just means you have another box and more cables to try and hide away from view!

PS what are you selling? car? oven etc?

Last edited by kittycat1; May 11th 2010 at 7:32 am.
Old May 11th 2010, 7:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
Yes it will be fine.
LOL
Old May 11th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

lehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the rough

Presumably the reverse is also possible i.e. UK tv's will work in Dubai because you just plug them into a sattelite or cable system?

Is it worth even bringing over a uk tv i.e. are they as dirt cheap in Dubai as they seem to be in the UK at the moment?
Old May 11th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

from what I see, tvs are more $$$ in Dubai.

If you are moving home to have Sky then your tv will work. if you want to use an arial from your roof, then as others say, it will not work.

A Dubai bought tv with a UK sky box and dvd player connected to it will work.
Old May 11th 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

lehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Robbies
from what I see, tvs are more $$$ in Dubai.

If you are moving home to have Sky then your tv will work. if you want to use an arial from your roof, then as others say, it will not work.

A Dubai bought tv with a UK sky box and dvd player connected to it will work.
Thanks - I was thinking more the other way around, I have a job opportunity in Dubai and am trying to get my head round what is worth packing up and bringing i.e. shoudl I just give my uk tv's to family etc and buy new ones in Dubai (£400/£500 gets some pretty decent HD tv's in the UK). Or should I ship them because similar in Dubai costs more? Presumably if shipped to Dubai then just like the uk you guys all have satellite or cable boxes which will plug in?
Old May 11th 2010, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a new one out here 42 inch flat screen thing, compared to my old magic box, it cost 2000 dhm so 370 quid with a free dvd player + installation, you can always find cheaper on Dubizzle. Unless your shipping a load of stuff out I wouldn't bother. I got mine at Carrefoure, very good service and blonde proof. Get a shiny new one in my opinion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.