Reload this Page >

Djing work in Dubai

Djing work in Dubai

Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

redsclubbedup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Djing work in Dubai

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and am looking at working over in Dubai. I have applied to Juliana's and have an interview with them next month. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me of any other companies that provide Dj's to the area, that I may wish to approach ???

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djing work in Dubai

Welcome to the forum

And for help, well can't help, but I think that a couple of the links in the recruitment faq have info on entertainment that might be a place to start
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

thanks I'll have a look
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:52 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redsclubbedup
thanks I'll have a look
Hello - what clubs have you played and what style of music do you play?

This'll help in trying to point you in the right direction...

What is Juliana's that you have an interview with?

Cheers,

Auto
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Hi there Auto

I play mainly funky / house music, but also delve into bassline and speed garage.

As I came from a Hard Dance background I also play hard house / trance and techno when required.

Thats to being resident to Kinky U, Funk Deluxe / Clubbed / Funked Up and Clubberslink I play all over the UK, mainly in Birmingham and London.

I have played and have bookings with the likes of Pacha, Party Proactive, Wildchild, Sundissential, Gatecrasher etc.... But owing to the nature of the industry in the UK am looking to move somewhere like Dubai to enable me to play out every night, as opposed to having to cram 4/5 bookings into one weekend !

Julianas are a UK based company who provide DJ's for the likes of Hyatt and Hilton etc....

Cheers
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:56 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and am looking at working over in Dubai. I have applied to Juliana's and have an interview with them next month. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me of any other companies that provide Dj's to the area, that I may wish to approach ???

Thanks in advance

There is no such Companies in UAE that provides DJ's for clubs or parties. This work is done through word of mouth and by events organising companies.

We have freelance DJ's like Dj Cowboy Dj Jaguar etc.. etc... who are found in most of the events in the town.

You can Only apply for DJing directly to Clubs. (kind of clubs depends on the music you play and the crowd they are pulling)

Hope that helps.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:00 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Auto

I play mainly funky / house music, but also delve into bassline and speed garage.

As I came from a Hard Dance background I also play hard house / trance and techno when required.

Thats to being resident to Kinky U, Funk Deluxe / Clubbed / Funked Up and Clubberslink I play all over the UK, mainly in Birmingham and London.

I have played and have bookings with the likes of Pacha, Party Proactive, Wildchild, Sundissential, Gatecrasher etc.... But owing to the nature of the industry in the UK am looking to move somewhere like Dubai to enable me to play out every night, as opposed to having to cram 4/5 bookings into one weekend !

Julianas are a UK based company who provide DJ's for the likes of Hyatt and Hilton etc....

Cheers
Hi Reds,

A nice history of gigs there - that will stand you in good stead. On the whole there are a lot of nights out here mainly playing house through trance. R&B is pretty big too, but we don't need to talk about that

There are a load of named DJs out here all the time, however there are enough clubs that you could be looking at a possible residency if very lucky.

Try having a look at Time Out Dubai for an idea on the venues, nights and DJs around. See if Infusion (magazine) is online or Remix (Dubai edition) online? Check out the promoters out here too - Ohm Records & 9714 being the "cooler" ones that would be into more pure techno and bass (D&B does well here too) - (didn't know Speed Garage still existed - it's all Grime by now surely!) - You also have Vibe and Fluid Production doing events.

Some of the better clubs for your sound are Trilogy, Peppermint, The Apartment & 360 (at Jumeriah Beach Hotel) - you've also got the smaller boutique club bars like Sho Cho, Arika Lounge, Boudoir etc. Lotus One is a cool new(ish) venue.

I'm not a part of the dance scene so much out here, but your best bet would have to be getting hold of some of the manager / bookers and getting your set / website to them.

Try to get at least a warm up set booked and get out here for a few days... check out the scene yourself...

Let me know if I can help more?

Auto

PS Ignore Casanova unless you are a Khaleej DJ that goes under the name of MC Sheikh Ya Booty or have a love for Death / Speed Metal....
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Thats great cheers for the info, loads to go on there !

As for the speed garage its still pretty big especially in Brum, most promoters are beginning to ban it for bassline instead, due to the type of crowd it attracts - its nice to know theres a big D&B scene too as I dabble in that too

Thanks again
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:37 am