DJ Grooverider

Old May 21st 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default DJ Grooverider

There was a big article in the Mail On Sunday about his treatment & about the rules in Dubai, thats the reason i started the 'cohabiting' thread but what is your opinion do you think Dubai's rules are to strict & they may risk future tourists OR do you think they are right any druggie's should stay away by keeping the rules strict they hope to keep the 'better' quality of tourists.

I think its risky Dubai wants only the best but when you mix superclubs / alcohol in muslim country you risk opening a can of worms (I use the club scene as an example)
Old May 21st 2008, 12:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DJ Grooverider

Originally Posted by pauldxb
There was a big article in the Mail On Sunday about his treatment & about the rules in Dubai, thats the reason i started the 'cohabiting' thread but what is your opinion do you think Dubai's rules are to strict & they may risk future tourists OR do you think they are right any druggie's should stay away by keeping the rules strict they hope to keep the 'better' quality of tourists.

I think its risky Dubai wants only the best but when you mix superclubs / alcohol in muslim country you risk opening a can of worms (I use the club scene as an example)
They drugs thing is incredibly strict, I'm going home this weekend and will need to be careful at parties and clubs in case I get anything stuck to my shoes, like someone did and got sent to jail for it. It could well stop tourists from coming, they only hear half a story and may think the country is also very strict - which it isn't really.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I'm just waiting for Autonomy to post on this thread......
Old May 21st 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I say keep it strict. One of my reasons for coming to Dubai was to get away from the larger lout culture in England. I really don't need them following me.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:23 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Haha, I'm just waiting for Autonomy to post on this thread......
That was my first reaction too.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:26 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

On a more serious note, I don't see why the UAE should change its stance on illegal substances. It is pretty well publicised and drugs are not a pre-requisite for clubbing.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:32 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
On a more serious note, I don't see why the UAE should change its stance on illegal substances. It is pretty well publicised and drugs are not a pre-requisite for clubbing.
it's not well publicised at all. You may think so as you live here, but I bet you most UK people won't know that.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
They drugs thing is incredibly strict, I'm going home this weekend and will need to be careful at parties and clubs in case I get anything stuck to my shoes, like someone did and got sent to jail for it. It could well stop tourists from coming, they only hear half a story and may think the country is also very strict - which it isn't really.
Ive never been stopped at the airport or seen anything like that i'd like to think its a bit of PR from the government to scare people even trying it, but then you read about the shoe guy & the guy with the poppy seeds.....it does make you think
Old May 21st 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I used clubbing as an example but i do agree with spugsy the laws are not well publicized abroad, forgetting drugs what about cohabiting or alcohol licenses (the fact that if you are drinking at home without a license you risk arrest)
Old May 21st 2008, 12:49 pm
Bored liberal

Long before I moved to the UAE, I was aware that there were strict anti-drug policies. Ditto for Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Perhaps it depends on what you read?

Mind you, unless laws have changed without my knowledge, it is illegal to take any form of narcotic into any country....

Edit> I also think it is incumbent on the individual to do a little research regarding any country they may visit. Why should adults be spoon-fed all the time?

Last edited by Meow; May 21st 2008 at 12:55 pm.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Long before I moved to the UAE, I was aware that there were strict anti-drug policies. Ditto for Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Perhaps it depends on what you read?

Mind you, unless laws have changed without my knowledge, it is illegal to take any form of narcotic into any country....
even by accident on the sole of your shoe?
Old May 21st 2008, 1:25 pm