Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Diyafah International - Abu Dhabi

Diyafah International - Abu Dhabi

Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

scotia 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Diyafah International - Abu Dhabi

Anyone have any feedback for Diyafah school in Abu Dhabi? It's fairly new so there isn't much info apart from their website

Also are the big school buses safe?

Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2014, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diyafah International - Abu Dhabi

heard its started with good reports.... but its only started up end of sept...

school buses..... well i wouldnt use one but they are much better than they were.... the bigger the bus the better... you dont see too many accidents involving any sort of bus. but the bus driving here is pretty bad!!!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Wokingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Would greatly appreciate any further info / experiences on Al Diyafah - Abu Dhabi. Have tried searching but as OP said, there is not much out there.
Many thanks,
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

scotia 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I met the head teacher. Overall I like the feel of the place. Are you in AD? Just go there and speak to them. They are very friendly
Old Mar 25th 2014, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Wokingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Scotia 7,
I arrived in Abu Dhabi recently. I am in process of arranging a visit to the school. Do you know anyone currently in the school?
Would be great to hear actual experience if possible.
Many thanks...
Old Mar 25th 2014, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scotia 7
Anyone have any feedback for Diyafah school in Abu Dhabi? It's fairly new so there isn't much info apart from their website

Also are the big school buses safe?

Thanks
Originally Posted by busybee2
heard its started with good reports.... but its only started up end of sept...

school buses..... well i wouldnt use one but they are much better than they were.... the bigger the bus the better... you dont see too many accidents involving any sort of bus. but the bus driving here is pretty bad!!!
Yellow school buses have an infinitely better safety record wherever in the world they are introduced, the parental myth that their children are safer in their own cars is just that, a myth.

Last edited by shiraz1; Mar 25th 2014 at 11:49 am.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Yellow school buses have an infinitely better safety record wherever in the world they are introduced, the parental myth that their children are safer in their own cars is just that, a myth.
I've encountered numerous yellow buses in Abu Dhabi and I can't say I was too bothered at all by their drivers abilities and the responses of other vehicles around them, unlike Dubai. There they break the speed limit, swerve in and out of traffic, multi lane changes, undertaking, frequently cause other drivers to brake hard and curse. Also, in Dubai when the bus stops to dismount pupils and the flashing sign goes out I kept seeing drivers not wanting to wait, just racing past, even from stationary in a queue behind the bus. None of that seen so far in Abu Dhabi.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
I've encountered numerous yellow buses in Abu Dhabi and I can't say I was too bothered at all by their drivers abilities and the responses of other vehicles around them, unlike Dubai. There they break the speed limit, swerve in and out of traffic, multi lane changes, undertaking, frequently cause other drivers to brake hard and curse. Also, in Dubai when the bus stops to dismount pupils and the flashing sign goes out I kept seeing drivers not wanting to wait, just racing past, even from stationary in a queue behind the bus. None of that seen so far in Abu Dhabi.
can tell you "all" that you have said above "does" happen in auh as well...... it really annoys me when the buses know that they have people driving behind them so they stop in the road making sure that they block driveways etc... and they think its their right to pull out into lanes on the motorway when its not.
Old May 14th 2014, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wokingham
Thanks Scotia 7,
I arrived in Abu Dhabi recently. I am in process of arranging a visit to the school. Do you know anyone currently in the school?
Would be great to hear actual experience if possible.
Many thanks...
Hi,

Has anyone got updates on this school, I am moving to AD later this month and this is one of the schools that has spaces available in the new academic year.

I also wanted to know, my accommodation is likely to be al-dhabi compound, how easy is the commute in the mornings - the schools buses mentioned, do these cover this area.
Old May 14th 2014, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by RKI_83
Hi,

Has anyone got updates on this school, I am moving to AD later this month and this is one of the schools that has spaces available in the new academic year.

I also wanted to know, my accommodation is likely to be al-dhabi compound, how easy is the commute in the mornings - the schools buses mentioned, do these cover this area.
its fine as a new sch. al dhabi compound being the orange one is good. compound to mbz maybe 20 mins at most but of course depends on bus stops etc