Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Divorce procedures in Dubai

Divorce procedures in Dubai

Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

clergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Divorce procedures in Dubai

Need advice on likelihood of losing the kids. I sponsor my wife and kids, am the sole breadwinner, sole parent in many ways. Any poor gits with similar painful experience, please share solutions.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce procedures in Dubai

Hi Clergy this is sad news indeed No way of reconciliation? I don't know much about divorce here in the UAE but I had a friend who divorced here. There were children involved but they agreed on joint custody of the children. There were no financial assets in the marriage so it was quite straight forward and if I remember rightly they used James Berry and Associates to handle things. As for you sponsoring your wife, once you are divorced you will no longer be able to do so. In situations like this the wife normally returns to the UK or 'home' wherever that may be.

Alternatively she could get a job and get sponsorship and sponsor the children etc. I suppose the other way round it is not to mention that you are divorced and continue sponsoring her? not exactly legal though and it could lead to complications if either of you were to meet someone else

Hope you get things sorted out.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:01 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently if you married in Uk then UK divorce law will apply so really same procedure as would have happened if you were at home.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Hi Clergy this is sad news indeed No way of reconciliation? I don't know much about divorce here in the UAE but I had a friend who divorced here. There were children involved but they agreed on joint custody of the children. There were no financial assets in the marriage so it was quite straight forward and if I remember rightly they used James Berry and Associates to handle things. As for you sponsoring your wife, once you are divorced you will no longer be able to do so. In situations like this the wife normally returns to the UK or 'home' wherever that may be.

Alternatively she could get a job and get sponsorship and sponsor the children etc. I suppose the other way round it is not to mention that you are divorced and continue sponsoring her? not exactly legal though and it could lead to complications if either of you were to meet someone else

Hope you get things sorted out.
Not sure about the sponsorship thing, BC - I know a divorced lady (american) over here who is still on her (Lebanese) husband's sponsorship ???

OP - commiserations - hope it all works out for you & your kids.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Not sure about the sponsorship thing, BC - I know a divorced lady (american) over here who is still on her (Lebanese) husband's sponsorship ???

OP - commiserations - hope it all works out for you & your kids.
she probably is until it runs out, when it comes for renewing it might get a bit tricky. Like I said if you don't admit your divorced how will they know?