Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Divorce Lawyer in Dubai

Divorce Lawyer in Dubai

Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:39 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Divorce Lawyer in Dubai

Before you start buying chastity belts for your daughters / wives etc, its not for me..

UK male married to a Eastern European female. Married in the Anglican church in Dubai 10+ years ago. He now needs a divorce lawyer before heading for the Marriage Guidance place on Thursday. Tried searching for names but ran outta patience.

Any recommendations?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce Lawyer in Dubai

He could try Carol Alderson. She was at Al Midfa Associates, but has now set up on her own. I have a contact tel no for her somewhere if you want it.
-
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:59 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
He could try Carol Alderson. She was at Al Midfa Associates, but has now set up on her own. I have a contact tel no for her somewhere if you want it.
-
If you could pm me, Meow, that would be great...
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:35 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

It might be more advantagous for him to divorce through a UK court.

The dubai courts favour women here much much more than the UK
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
It might be more advantagous for him to divorce through a UK court. The dubai courts favour women here much much more than the UK
Are you serious? Islamic courts invariably favour men.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 3:39 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Yes, I am being serious, checkout the typical settlement a woman gets.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Yes, I am being serious, checkout the typical settlement a woman gets.
You talking from experience JD??
Old Jul 18th 2010, 8:29 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
You talking from experience JD??
Yes, which is why my divorce is going through the UK court system
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

vastmassive is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are over here then you will be able to go through the process with ease, as with all aspects of the law system over here when people are unsure they tend to worry and start panicing about possible repacutions.

Mr Altaf from Al Yafee advocates is available for discussions at any time and has helped my company and its staff out numberous times if you pm me I can send you his contact details.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

vastmassive is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok from my understanding, in order to get a divorce in the UAE you will need to go to the sharia court with the Lawyer and with a pettision in Arabic stating your intension to divorce. You will possibly need to be accompanied by two witnesses. The Judge from then will determine wheather your divorce is approved or not (should be in most cases).

However a Lawyer is needed.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:46 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I can concurr having done the same thing - it's almost ridiculous how a woman here is seen as weak and pitiful even if she has a very good salary, a stable career and knows what she's doing with her life they will still look at the man and ask him to cough up money he hasn't got for things she doesn't need.

No balance at all - because they still take the view that women are possessions rather than people who are capable of looking after themselves. Custody of children is often usually given to the woman as well (unless she's a non-Arab/non-muslim and he's a Muslim and/ Arab).

Criminal courts is where women get the short end of the stick...then the whole "a woman's testimony is worth half of a mans" comes into play.

Better to do it in the UK - I understand you can get divorced anywhere in the world though...

N.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:19 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I can concurr having done the same thing - it's almost ridiculous how a woman here is seen as weak and pitiful even if she has a very good salary, a stable career and knows what she's doing with her life they will still look at the man and ask him to cough up money he hasn't got for things she doesn't need.

No balance at all - because they still take the view that women are possessions rather than people who are capable of looking after themselves. Custody of children is often usually given to the woman as well (unless she's a non-Arab/non-muslim and he's a Muslim and/ Arab).

Criminal courts is where women get the short end of the stick...then the whole "a woman's testimony is worth half of a mans" comes into play.

Better to do it in the UK - I understand you can get divorced anywhere in the world though...

N.
agreed
Old Jul 18th 2010, 4:00 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
-
I was under the impression that she isn't actually a fully qualified lawyer?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Carol Alderson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fairydust
I was under the impression that she isn't actually a fully qualified lawyer?
Carol Alderson is fully qualified and licenced to practice in the UAE. She is definately the most experienced divorce and family lawyer in the UAE. Success always breeds those who are jealous so do not listen to those who wish to do her ill. Carol only cares about her clients.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:31 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carol Alderson
Carol Alderson is fully qualified and licenced to practice in the UAE. She is definately the most experienced divorce and family lawyer in the UAE. Success always breeds those who are jealous so do not listen to those who wish to do her ill. Carol only cares about her clients.
weasel central for one supports anyone who talks about themselves through the use of the third person.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.