Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BE Diving/Snorkelling Trip to Fujairah

BE Diving/Snorkelling Trip to Fujairah

Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Diving/Snorkelling Trip to Fujairah

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah it got put on on the weekend, we paid dir 2,000 to get it on, think thats the deposit though until we move out. Thats water and electric right?

ah ok I'll tell her, some of those upstairs shops are amazing. (she's already bought some padded camels that ahng from the ceiling, honestly....)
interesting!!!! no monkeys then
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

rebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nice

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
You'll need to cover up, it will be jellyfish season. Musandam was full of the little blighters last April.
I was in Fujairah last weekend and got stung a fair bit, and I was only in the sea for five minutes.. decided to stay in the pool after that.

It seemed that pretty much everyone that ventured into the sea that day got stung, and when I went out in a boat later on I could see why.. the sea was full of them!..
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
interesting!!!! no monkeys then
heh, thankfully no
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccadubai
I was in Fujairah last weekend and got stung a fair bit, and I was only in the sea for five minutes.. decided to stay in the pool after that.

It seemed that pretty much everyone that ventured into the sea that day got stung, and when I went out in a boat later on I could see why.. the sea was full of them!..
i must have been lucky then. and its not as if I'm a small target.
But I guess its easier to avoid them when you are under the water
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
i must have been lucky then. and its not as if I'm a small target.
But I guess its easier to avoid them when you are under the water
oh you can defo count me out for this...!

MM, xx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I'll attend the one organised for May.

Is it actually full blown stingers or just salp that is causing the problem. We had a bit of problem with salp in egypt a few years back, just like nettle stings that went after about 40 seconds. Although if they tag you on the lip it can be a right bugger.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
I'll attend the one organised for May.

Is it actually full blown stingers or just salp that is causing the problem. We had a bit of problem with salp in egypt a few years back, just like nettle stings that went after about 40 seconds. Although if they tag you on the lip it can be a right bugger.
full blown Hydroid stingers.

looks like we had better postpone this until the Jellyfish season has past.
Whimps
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

full blown Hydroid stingers.

looks like we had better postpone this until the Jellyfish season has past.
Whimps
don't use us as the excuse...there's nowt stopping you going...

MM, xx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
don't use us as the excuse...there's nowt stopping you going...

MM, xx
am going diving on 7th April with one of my colleagues coming over from Egypt!

i'm not worried by some little jellyfish. maybe a little by the sharks with big teeth
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I was diving in Musandam this weekend. Jelly fish were still around in pockets - got stung once - no big deal. Apparently they have moved North with the curents and Fujairah is now free of them. Water temp 23, vis 3 - 8m, but poor on average. Still managed to see 3 large stingrays, moray eels, lion fish, barracuda, the ususal suspects. I'd recommend you wait a little while for better vis.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weescot
I was diving in Musandam this weekend. Jelly fish were still around in pockets - got stung once - no big deal. Apparently they have moved North with the curents and Fujairah is now free of them. Water temp 23, vis 3 - 8m, but poor on average. Still managed to see 3 large stingrays, moray eels, lion fish, barracuda, the ususal suspects. I'd recommend you wait a little while for better vis.
will probably still go on Friday as I have one of my Egyptian colleagues visiting.
have never dived with really good vis anyway. have even done 2 dives with less than 2m which were complete waste of time
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:27 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

will probably still go on Friday as I have one of my Egyptian colleagues visiting.
have never dived with really good vis anyway. have even done 2 dives with less than 2m which were complete waste of time
is there nowhere better to dive in dubai then? for better visibility?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think so due to the construction off the coast. PLus not sure what there is to see off Dubai apart from some wrecks. Indian ocean side is better according to guide books/other divers.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
is there nowhere better to dive in dubai then? for better visibility?
the viz is a bit variable there but usually good enough for a reasonable dive. plenty to see and no stingers there no by the sound of it.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:24 am
why ayeeeee man!

the viz is a bit variable there but usually good enough for a reasonable dive. plenty to see and no stingers there no by the sound of it.
Well I'll well be up for coming diving at some point mate, bear me in mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.