Diving in KSA

Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

AH30 is a jewel in the roughAH30 is a jewel in the roughAH30 is a jewel in the roughAH30 is a jewel in the roughAH30 is a jewel in the rough
Default Diving in KSA

I will be spending 3 weeks in Riyadh for work. If I get any free time on the weekends, I am considering going scuba diving in the Red Sea. Does anyone know any good diving sites and/or PADI dive centres in KSA, either on the Red Sea or in the Gulf. Also is there anyone interested in joining me, as I am travelling alone I will need a dive buddy.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diving in KSA

Originally Posted by AH30
I will be spending 3 weeks in Riyadh for work. If I get any free time on the weekends, I am considering going scuba diving in the Red Sea. Does anyone know any good diving sites and/or PADI dive centres in KSA, either on the Red Sea or in the Gulf. Also is there anyone interested in joining me, as I am travelling alone I will need a dive buddy.
Al Bilad Hotel has a private beach with a jetty that you can dive off. Shore diving there is pretty good, much better than UAE anyway. There are a number of dive shops, sorry forgotten their names. But they do boat trips out to the wrecks like the Ann Ann etc.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 5:37 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AH30
You are aware that it is a fair distance from Riyadh to Jeddah right? Something like 800km. It's not like it will be something to do if you get a couple of hours free on a Friday if you know what I mean...

If you do go however, it is supposed to be really good. Loads of my dive mates have been there. Kind of like Sharm without the charm apparently...

Using google I found this site, Jeddah Diving which seems to contain a lot of info including dive shops and diving spots so that could be a good start.

Good luck!
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
You are aware that it is a fair distance from Riyadh to Jeddah right? Something like 800km. It's not like it will be something to do if you get a couple of hours free on a Friday if you know what I mean...

If you do go however, it is supposed to be really good. Loads of my dive mates have been there. Kind of like Sharm without the charm apparently...

Using google I found this site, Jeddah Diving which seems to contain a lot of info including dive shops and diving spots so that could be a good start.

Good luck!
nas air is your friend - Riyadh to Jeddah like catching a bus - did it for SR249 rtn last year
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The Riyadh - Jeddah is a good 9 hour drive
How ever to fly about 1 hour.
A couple of dive shops that spring to mind ar the Red Sea divers and also Jeddah divers .
Both are closely to the Danube Mall in fact just over the road .
There are also a few more dive shops in that area.

Last edited by coffindodger; Apr 22nd 2010 at 5:22 am.