Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Disturbing signs of Oman

Disturbing signs of Oman

Old Jun 19th 2014, 12:27 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disturbing signs of Oman

O&G Client Snr Exec
  • Schools, accommodation, health care included. worldwide family health coverage + evac, up to 3 kids and 1 spouse, accommodation is detached 5 bed villa with garden in central location, no pool though, bummer eh? all utilities paid for though, except phone & internet
  • Decent transport like a good 4X4 or car, engine size at least 4 litres, potentially with driver. no. staff and car come out of salary
  • 3 or 4 return flights per year business class 1 BC return with family, 1 EC return with family
  • secretary or PA of course
  • salary approx $20,000 per month as basic, yes, excluding annual bonuses and pay increments
  • maybe 45 calendar days holidays. 40 working days, plus public holidays
  • family weekly golf club membership
  • family hotel health club membership
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

jinoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting, while I understand the scale of benefits for an expat are incomparable to someone who does a similar job in uk, it will be good to know what would one consider as a biggest compromise in being mobile?

Being a first timer for an expat lifestyle, after carefully evaluating everything we have made the decision to relocate. And we understand that there are/will be compromises in being mobile in return for that luxury. Our plan is to return at the end of 3 years when our daughter will be 9, so that she can get that british educational environment to prepare her for the higher levels. Despite seeing all big schools in Muscat we still feel that it isn't going to be the same as studying here. So in my opinion the biggest compromise in being mobile appears to be children's education.

Would be nice to hear different views and perspectives on this, and also of course what others think as their biggest compromise in all these years of being an expat.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scamp
I have a few people trying to get out of Oman because of NOC issues.

Not very clear but along the lines of; if you give an emlpoyee an NOC you cannot replace that role at all / with another expat.

Still, got a juicy Commercial Manager role over there at the moment if anyone is keen?

Is the job offer still on the table? Joining my OH in a few weeks. Am trying to land a job before getting there but friends tell me shouldn't be a problem when am on ground.