Reload this Page >

Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:35 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Oh, yes, let's all be smarmy and self-satisfied in our big, strutting, masculine politically correct selves and not consider what it may be like for a single western woman under certain circumstances.....

I don't consider Disco Gardens unsafe, but it's too far out of town for my taste and the lack of pools would be bothersome. Plus it's a Nakheel project and Nakheel are shite developers.
I certainly wouldn't call Spugsy politically correct, mate. He is as down to earth as they come. If he says its okay to live there, I believe him.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

wouldn't compare it to international city though... that place really does smell of poo
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:09 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128
wouldn't compare it to international city though... that place really does smell of poo
yeah it is very different to Int City.

I guess it's where you are, we're fine and happy, if people say its shit and horrible further down then it must be, but I have no complaints.

Well apart from the pools not being open.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:14 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Thought larnie lived in al ain.

Obviously no taliban there..

What a ****ing idiot. Piss off back to new zealand with the rest of the six toe county inbred sheep shaggers.

Clown
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
Thought larnie lived in al ain.

Obviously no taliban there..

What a ****ing idiot. Piss off back to new zealand with the rest of the six toe county inbred sheep shaggers.

Clown
A little harsh I would think?

The Scottish air must be getting to him, or is it that brown coloured stuff the make?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:32 am
Just Joined

johnparkerdubai is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I agree, construction workers are very hardworking guys.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:00 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
A little harsh I would think?

The Scottish air must be getting to him, or is it that brown coloured stuff the make?
not really, i think referring to the labourers who sweat and toil their ass off as Taliban is just stupid.

smurfs maybe, but not the taliban.

That Larnie is an idiot, she has previous.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's possible Larnie was referring to devout men with the untrimmed beards, like the Pakistani agent who lied to me about having the apartment cleaned. Apparently it's all right to hassle and lie to westerners even if you are a devout muslim.

I know I wouldn't be comfortable living in a building filled with men wearing long beards. I also hate hippies and hipsters and wouldn't be comfortable living with them as well.

Originally Posted by commander
not really, i think referring to the labourers who sweat and toil their ass off as Taliban is just stupid.

smurfs maybe, but not the taliban.

That Larnie is an idiot, she has previous.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:14 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It's possible Larnie was referring to devout men with the untrimmed beards, like the Pakistani agent who lied to me about having the apartment cleaned. Apparently it's all right to hassle and lie to westerners even if you are a devout muslim.

I know I wouldn't be comfortable living in a building filled with men wearing long beards. I also hate hippies and hipsters and wouldn't be comfortable living with them as well.
not a beard in sight where I live like.

not even a tache.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:19 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Spugsy
not a beard in sight where I live like.

not even a tache.
just like Dundee
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

stevejohns is an unknown quantity at this point

Discover gardens is obviously a great choice if you are looking for calm and neat surroundings with affordable rate. NO Talibans for sure

Yeah, there is Fitness first (GYM) just near by...
Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

hoblos is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Steve. Finally a sensible response!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by hoblos
thanks Steve. Finally a sensible response!
ok if you want to go there as for the far apartments, street 11 and 12.

Shops nearby, little supermarkets etc and places that deliver food.

The Marina for bars is 10 mins away and theres a metro nearby.

Mall round the corner with a decent fitness first gym, AED 399 though, thats £70 a month, I've just cancelled my membership.

Taxis easy to get and drivers know where it is so you can fall asleep and they'll wake you up when you're there.

Enough info?
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:25 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Looked at a few on street 11 today, definitely much nicer than the Zen apartments nearest to Ibn Battuta.

Still, there was a sign on one of the entrance doors warning against having eight to an apartment

DG has the cheapest rent for studios outside of International City, but for one beds I'm seeing less of a difference these days - it's not hard to find 1 beds for 45k in Barsha / TECOM. Even saw one at that price in the Marina! That plus no pools yet in DG, and no gyms ever, mean I'm still trying to decide. 50/50 I'll end up in Disco.

(Oh, and there seems to be a permanent traffic jam to get in and out, but it also seems to only take 5 minutes to clear even when it looks really bad.)

Have to decide tomorrow really!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

hoblos is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks for the info guys!

will be moving somewhere at DG in 10 days. School will decide on the property.

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.