Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Discovery Gardens Apartments

Discovery Gardens Apartments

Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

xpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nice
Default Discovery Gardens Apartments

Hi,

Does anyone live or know someone who lives in Discovery Gardens area especially the Contemporary buildings (2 bedrooms type)?

Any negative or positive comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Discovery Gardens Apartments

Rat infestation is the latest problem there. Spugsy may be able to enlighten you. Cheap and cheerful is the general view. Much better location than International City but equally swarming with bachelors.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's your budget for housing?

Disco Gardens is "cheap and cheerful" and it's well on its way to being converted into upscale labour housing.

I'd look into TECOM or Al Barsha around the Mall of Emirates for cheap apartments. It's not so appealing on the outside (Disco Gardens despite its cheapness has a bright and shiny patina), but there's loads of shops and restaurants and bars in the walkable vicinity and two beds can now be had for as low as 60K.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Disco Gardens does have a kebab shop and is a short taxi ride from the best bar in Dubai which will take you back to all that was great about working mens clubs in the 70's, with drunken Koreans thrown in.

The location is good but the rats would scare me.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartans53 View Post
Disco Gardens does have a kebab shop and is a short taxi ride from the best bar in Dubai which will take you back to all that was great about working mens clubs in the 70's...
You mean it has strippers?
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:43 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Disco Gardens does have a kebab shop and is a short taxi ride from the best bar in Dubai which will take you back to all that was great about working mens clubs in the 70's, with drunken Koreans thrown in.

The location is good but the rats would scare me.
Is this JARC? Im quite regular there and can't think of drunken Koreans.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Try Thursday nights after work about 9pm in the back room. They all get pissed then fight each other its hilarious for a while, they also like dancing with the band and fallng all over the place.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 10:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Try Thursday nights after work about 9pm in the back room. They all get pissed then fight each other its hilarious for a while, they also like dancing with the band and fallng all over the place.
Im there after work Thurs nites. Usually leave before the Flip band start up tho...
Old Oct 25th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

They started boxing and the new manager just laughed and let them get on with it.

Priceless. been going in since 2001 so i'm just a newcomer to the Club.

I think all Dubai tourists should do a night in the Club after the 5* hotels.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 2:01 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

They started boxing and the new manager just laughed and let them get on with it.

Priceless. been going in since 2001 so i'm just a newcomer to the Club.

I think all Dubai tourists should do a night in the Club after the 5* hotels.
I hear Rooney's en route. Should fit right in.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:39 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xpatadventure View Post
Hi,

Does anyone live or know someone who lives in Discovery Gardens area especially the Contemporary buildings (2 bedrooms type)?

Any negative or positive comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Do a search on here, there's loads of threads.

It's not bad, cheap and if you go down to streets 11 / 12 they are pretty empty and its ncie and quiet.

I've never seen a rat there ever.