Reload this Page >

Disclosure Scotland legalisation

Disclosure Scotland legalisation

Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Disclosure Scotland legalisation

Hiya

Could someone help please? I have received a basic disclosure scotland certificate and need to get it legalised. Would FCO sign it as it has got no signatures at all.

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

ruskyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Disclosure Scotland legalisation

I am just going through same process. I contacted FCO and was informed if the issuer of the document has signed it, it meets their requirements and they can legalise. If not signed then you will need to go to a solicitor and get it verified, you may wish to pay for a notary, a bit more expensive to do this just to ensure it will be fully cosher (I paid £40.00 for this to be on the safe side as time was against me) but I wanted belt and braces.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:06 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruskyb
I am just going through same process. I contacted FCO and was informed if the issuer of the document has signed it, it meets their requirements and they can legalise. If not signed then you will need to go to a solicitor and get it verified, you may wish to pay for a notary, a bit more expensive to do this just to ensure it will be fully cosher (I paid £40.00 for this to be on the safe side as time was against me) but I wanted belt and braces.
K.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

No signed no will do
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ruskyb. Did you go to notary public and sent it to the FCO? I was advised by Discloure Scotland to send the document to them, they will sign and post it back free of charge. FCO can then legalise it.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Went to Notary then sent it on with other documents to an Apostille company for them to deal with the process, as I needed to send them to the Kuwait Embassy. Probably OTT but was the quickest method.