Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Disadvantages of Al Raha Gardens??

Disadvantages of Al Raha Gardens??

Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disadvantages of Al Raha Gardens??

had a butchers round ARG yesterday.

My! the place is looking tired...but villas nice and roomy and with a bit of TLC could scrub up OK.

3-bed villas start from about 165k. +5% charge

Could be an option.

Access much improved and amenities on line now. Mini mall effort with Jones the Grocer and Sara.

There was also a wee shack apparently run by 'Abela' in the zone we looked at but the fare on offer was more like that found in your typical downtown Indian grocers. maybe Abela ducked out

Anyone there?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:38 am

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all

Despite initial apprehension we've been in Raha for nearly a year and I'm not thinking about moving into the city when our lease is up. I prefer the space and there's more stuff to do around the area than when I first moved in. Mushrif Mall and Delma Mall are 20 mins away for when I need to do a big furniture shop or a big grocery shop. We like Al Forsan for sporting activities - great for guests because there is wakeboarding, go karting, horse riding, archery, rifle shooting etc

Also it takes us just over ten minutes to drive to Yas and we tend to eat there a lot. Plus if we're here a few years down the line then we'll be very close to Yas Mall.

Of course every now and then i think id love to be able to walk across the road to get to a mall but for the time being I'm staying put.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Sugar.

any other tips.

how does maintenance work?

and the 5% fee - qu'est que c'est?

can one secure a rent directly with landlord - i.e. not through Aldar?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SugarMetal
Of course every now and then i think id love to be able to walk across the road to get to a mall but for the time being I'm staying put.
You can - Al Raha Mall - possibly more of a run across the road though.....