Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Disadvantages of Al Raha Gardens??

Disadvantages of Al Raha Gardens??

Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:33 pm

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all
Default Disadvantages of Al Raha Gardens??

It looks as if this is where we will be heading so can anyone advise me of the above (apart from a long drive to the island and the large air con fees)
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disadvantages of Al Raha Gardens??

Originally Posted by SugarMetal View Post
It looks as if this is where we will be heading so can anyone advise me of the above (apart from a long drive to the island and the large air con fees)
its not that far a drive to the island only about 10 mins yes large bills watch out for shower glass breaking. quite narrow streets. there were restrictions on what and who you can have in the compound for maintenance/companies etc not sure if they have relaxed that rule yet. u were not allowed sat dishes etc.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

I think the houses are really close together and there is not much outside space at all, and not much that in amenity space either. The fronts of the houses have their garages/car ports and a high wall and gate in front of the front door, which could mean you are quite isolated until you make some friends. Personally I prefer the villas I have seen at Sas Al Nakeel, as they are more "open" and also they have a great leisure complex there.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 4:19 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

speed bumps.

I have no idea how BusyBee gets to the island in 10 minutes. Maybe that's why she replaces the tyres on her explorer every 6 months.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse View Post
speed bumps.

I have no idea how BusyBee gets to the island in 10 minutes. Maybe that's why she replaces the tyres on her explorer every 6 months.
i mean to the bridge that is on the island..... if you read my words....... i didnt say to a specific place...... and dont have an explorer, have a "coupe" so i can "fly".
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:00 am

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
watch out for shower glass breaking
Please elaborate.....!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Please elaborate.....!
there has been talk that the shower glass just shatters, have heard just recently its happened to a couple of people, but thats not to say that it happens in everyone, but also the cost of replacement things if you are to blame, ie loo seat are very expensive, was like quoted 1500 somebody got it direct from supplier at 600 odd
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse View Post
I think the houses are really close together and there is not much outside space at all, and not much that in amenity space either. The fronts of the houses have their garages/car ports and a high wall and gate in front of the front door, which could mean you are quite isolated until you make some friends. Personally I prefer the villas I have seen at Sas Al Nakeel, as they are more "open" and also they have a great leisure complex there.
Agree with the above but I don't like the power lines that run close to Sas Al Nakeel.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by soukie View Post
Agree with the above but I don't like the power lines that run close to Sas Al Nakeel.
yep way too close to the power lines, and do not believe anybody that tells you that they are going to bury them, they have been saying that for the long time i have lived here and its way too expensive to do that so it will never happen.

also i am hearing that now they are closing/mucking about with all the access roads again around sas, sounds like another nitemare.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:27 pm

The power lines issue put me way off. I asked my husband to not even bother looking there on account if them.

He's found a nice three bed in Al Raha, the videos and photos he posted looked nice so who who knows, it mint be the one...! X
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I've never understood with all the space there is in Abu Dhabi (off island) why they build all the houses so rammed close together. In ARG the houses are barely an arm's span apart.

The other thing I can't figure out is the apparent love for building luxury houses right next to 10 lane highways. Witness the new Aldar mangrove development off 30th and the villas on Saadiyat Island.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:02 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
I've never understood with all the space there is in Abu Dhabi (off island) why they build all the houses so rammed close together. In ARG the houses are barely an arm's span apart.

The other thing I can't figure out is the apparent love for building luxury houses right next to 10 lane highways. Witness the new Aldar mangrove development off 30th and the villas on Saadiyat Island.
its due to the locals love of cars. so you can sit on your luxury veranda and watch all the traffic go by.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Lived in Raha 2008-09 - to be honest it was very much a mixed bag back then. A nice community feel, clean and tidy but too far out from any kind of action. There were no inter-sections back then, no proper supermarket and taxis were difficult to come by (or at least taxis that turned up even vaguely on time or knew where they were going.) Lots of half-baked promises from Aldar too about facilities (everything was always "6 months" away.) If these problems have now been solved then go for it, otherwise I wouldn't want to live any further out than Mangrove/Seashores area. Good luck with it all.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:46 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

It's in Abu Dhabi and not Dubai?

No wait; that's an advantage...to all of us in Dubai.

hahahahahaha!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs View Post
Lived in Raha 2008-09 - to be honest it was very much a mixed bag back then. A nice community feel, clean and tidy but too far out from any kind of action. There were no inter-sections back then, no proper supermarket and taxis were difficult to come by (or at least taxis that turned up even vaguely on time or knew where they were going.) Lots of half-baked promises from Aldar too about facilities (everything was always "6 months" away.) If these problems have now been solved then go for it, otherwise I wouldn't want to live any further out than Mangrove/Seashores area. Good luck with it all.
Thank you! I think it's probably going to be a little further out from amenities than we would prefer but it seems to tick all our other boxes. There are a few nice townhouses my husband's looked at, just a shame the kitchens are a bit dinky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.