British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Diploma attestation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/diploma-attestation-276501/)

Singlemom Jan 10th 2005 11:42 am

Diploma attestation

Anybody know about diploma "attestations" for visa? residency??

johnbuoy Jan 10th 2005 11:53 am

Re: Diploma attestation

What exactly is it about the attestation that you want to know ?

If the Embassy can't advise any decent Company HR or PRO should be able to advise, it was requested that i take my certificates to the UAE Embassy in London for attestation but then the Gulf War 2 kicked off and it wasn't deemed necessary at the time.

I believe it's just another money making scam!!

Singlemom Jan 10th 2005 11:56 am

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
What exactly is it about the attestation that you want to know ?

If the Embassy can't advise any decent Company HR or PRO should be able to advise, it was requested that i take my certificates to the UAE Embassy in London for attestation but then the Gulf War 2 kicked off and it wasn't deemed necessary at the time.

I believe it's just another money making scam!!

From what I understood...I have to take my diploma back to school and get in certified, then I have to go to the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Paris and get it...something...then I have to take it to the UAE embassy in Paris for attestation!!

Was told that some comapnies do it for you...

I hate this Stuff..as if it wasn't too complicated already..

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 10th 2005 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Singlemom
From what I understood...I have to take my diploma back to school and get in certified, then I have to go to the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Paris and get it...something...then I have to take it to the UAE embassy in Paris for attestation!!

Was told that some comapnies do it for you...

I hate this Stuff..as if it wasn't too complicated already..

That sounds about right.
Documents have to be attested in your home country, then attested here.
You can get a company to do it for you, but it will cost loads!!

Truth Speak Jan 10th 2005 12:35 pm

As per JD advise , must be done in yr home country. A copy must be legalised at the F & C office on the Mall and then attested at the consulate opposite the science museum....

Alternatively go to karama, u can get anything done there for a price...but its hookey

TS

Singlemom Jan 10th 2005 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
As per JD advise , must be done in yr home country. A copy must be legalised at the F & C office on the Mall and then attested at the consulate opposite the science museum....

Alternatively go to karama, u can get anything done there for a price...but its hookey

TS

Thanks for the advice TS!!

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 10th 2005 12:41 pm

Thanks.

Hows it going TS...you have been quiet !?

shiva Jan 10th 2005 12:43 pm

my understanding after getting blurb from the embassy here is

1 get you're docs. notarised by a lawer in the UK then
2 send those notarised docs to the foreign office in london with a letter stating for what country you wish them attested then after they have done that
3 ask them to send them to the UAE embassy in london so they can also notarise them.then get them returned to you out here.

probably best to do it before you come out if you can. although i know a few people in free zones who didnt need any attested docs so i guess its luck of the draw again.

sounds like a total hassle i nearly had to do this but there are companies who advertise the whole service in the papers...costs about 750 dhs and takes 15+ days

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 10th 2005 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by shiva
my understanding after getting blurb from the embassy here is

1 get you're docs. notarised by a lawer in the UK then
2 send those notarised docs to the foreign office in london with a letter stating for what country you wish them attested then after they have done that
3 ask them to send them to the UAE embassy in london so they can also notarise them.then get them returned to you out here.

probably best to do it before you come out if you can. although i know a few people in free zones who didnt need any attested docs so i guess its luck of the draw again.

sounds like a total hassle i nearly had to do this but there are companies who advertise the whole service in the papers...costs about 750 dhs and takes 15+ days

But SM is not British I dont think.
Probably be the same though, but from your country of Origin.
Shiva..gonna give u a bell in 2 mins.

Singlemom Jan 10th 2005 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
But SM is not British I dont think.
Probably be the same though, but from your country of Origin.
Shiva..gonna give u a bell in 2 mins.

right...must be the same thing in Paris... :eek:

Truth Speak Jan 10th 2005 12:52 pm

No probs...probably not much help though.

U can get fake marriage certs, passports etcetera in Karama, so getting docs attested shouldn't be a big prob.

Happiness Jan 10th 2005 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
No probs...probably not much help though.

U can get fake marriage certs, passports etcetera in Karama, so getting docs attested shouldn't be a big prob.

I thought you were by the book boy? :scared:

Truth Speak Jan 10th 2005 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Thanks.

Hows it going TS...you have been quiet !?

Its goin grand, but very busy......not even a lunch break this week so far.....such is life......almost given up the smokes!!!!

Plans all set for two weeks in europe at the end of the month...may even be time to get back to london for a weekend.

Gotta dash...yet another meeting tonite.....soeak 2mrw

TS

Truth Speak Jan 10th 2005 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by samireh
I thought you were by the book boy? :scared:

Nooooo.....I'm a get it done 'ole man'....