Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

DEWA price shocks.....

DEWA price shocks.....

Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default DEWA price shocks.....

To be expected I suppose especially sine they reported their first ever loss and are now looking to raise capital to fund their expansion....

UAE nationals exempt from the increase

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/51143...vy-users?ln=en
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEWA price shocks.....

The irony that it is the UAE Nationals who consume (and waste) the most power and water will not be lost on expats facing bigger bills.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
The irony that it is the UAE Nationals who consume (and waste) the most power and water will not be lost on expats facing bigger bills.
What else can you expect? CB saying there is no relationship between money supply and inflation and Min Of health recently quoted - there is no relationship between burgers and obesity.....
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
\
that is ridiculous, how can they justify that:curse:
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:24 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
To be expected I suppose especially sine they reported their first ever loss and are now looking to raise capital to fund their expansion....

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/51143...vy-users?ln=en
Having just read the article, I cannot see where the problem is. What exactly are you guys moaning about?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Having just read the article, I cannot see where the problem is. What exactly are you guys moaning about?
Have to agree with LH on this one. The aim of the price increases are to penalize high users of energy. While one could be cynical about the motive, if the end effect is to make consumers (industrial or residential) more energy concious then that can only be a good thing...

Anyone want to start a business with me installing solar panels in Jumeirah villas?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Have to agree with LH on this one. The aim of the price increases are to penalize high users of energy. While one could be cynical about the motive, if the end effect is to make consumers (industrial or residential) more energy concious then that can only be a good thing...

Anyone want to start a business with me installing solar panels in Jumeirah villas?
agree totally, but surely ALL high users should pay...regardless of race/religion/nationality etc
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
agree totally, but surely ALL high users should pay...regardless of race/religion/nationality etc
Of course. The article doesn't say that locals are exempt, but I wouldn't be surprised if it transpires that this is the case...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Of course. The article doesn't say that locals are exempt, but I wouldn't be surprised if it transpires that this is the case...
well the ones working for the civil service can't afford it after the paltry 70% pay increase they got this year!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I must have misunderstood ....

"It does not affect those who consume reasonable electricity and water and who prove to be responsible," Dewa said, adding that 80% of consumers were unlikely to be affected.

The new tariff does not apply to UAE nationals, it said.

According to Dewa, the city's average individual consumption of 20,000 kilowatt hours a year and 130 gallons of water a day is higher than the United States, United Kingdom and Singapore
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I must have misunderstood ....

"It does not affect those who consume reasonable electricity and water and who prove to be responsible," Dewa said, adding that 80% of consumers were unlikely to be affected.

The new tariff does not apply to UAE nationals, it said.

According to Dewa, the city's average individual consumption of 20,000 kilowatt hours a year and 130 gallons of water a day is higher than the United States, United Kingdom and Singapore
Oops...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Oops...
no worries, saying Oops is my favourite pastime..
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:53 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

no worries, saying Oops is my favourite pastime..
I really wish you would change your current avator AA as it makes me want to throw up...maybe that was your intention.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

I really wish you would change your current avator AA as it makes me want to throw up...maybe that was your intention.
Oops.

really making you throw up is way way low on my priorities...Your hardly that important
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Oops.

really making you throw up is way way low on my priorities...Your hardly that important
With or without avatars, you two make me sick...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.