DEWA Housing Fee

Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road
Default DEWA Housing Fee

Got my first bill from DEWA and I can't believe it's so high! Living in a 2 bed appartment, not a massive villa and it is 1750 for two months... there's a 700 dirham a month housing fee?! Is this correct?! If my rent is 95,000 a year?

So that's around 150 pounds a month?! This sounds fricking high, or is it normal? The AC is central and not part of the bill and we have a gas hob... Paid waaaaaaay less in Abu Dhabi.

Disgruntled of Dubai!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:20 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEWA Housing Fee

it's 5% of your annual rent, divided by 12, added onto the bill every month...you do the maths...
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:22 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shandolier View Post
Got my first bill from DEWA and I can't believe it's so high! Living in a 2 bed appartment, not a massive villa and it is 1750 for two months... there's a 700 dirham a month housing fee?! Is this correct?! If my rent is 95,000 a year?

So that's around 150 pounds a month?! This sounds fricking high, or is it normal? The AC is central and not part of the bill and we have a gas hob... Paid waaaaaaay less in Abu Dhabi.

Disgruntled of Dubai!
No, I think probably it's 700 for the two months (350 pm) and the rest is DEWA...but I could be wrong...

...or do as MH said and work it out yourself ;0)
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yep 5% of the rent.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
it's not true unless it's been verified by busybody...you should know that by now...

MM, xx
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
it's not true unless it's been verified by busybody...you should know that by now...

MM, xx
I tried my best to forget, but fortunately she came to the rescue...
Old Oct 18th 2010, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
busybody yourself, i was in the affirmative
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:00 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shandolier View Post

Disgruntled of Dubai!
no, that's too high.

For our 2 bed, we've got 80AED in actual utilities and 400-ish for housing fee per month.

Got down to the DEWA office with your rental contract and get them to amend it. They will actually adjust it down from the start of your tenancy contract, which is good of them (normal, but you know how money-grabbing this place can be sometimes!).

What happens if they haven't seen your rental contract is either they use the last available data or the RERA index to estimate your rent - either way, it'll be higher than what you actually need to pay.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 10:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
yep 5% of the rent.
Didn't you do Maths at school? 5% of Dhs95,000 per annum is only Dhs396 per month. My guess is that the OP may not have completed the required form stating that his rent was that amount. DEWA may instead be charging him on the basis of the standard rate for that type of property, which could be much higher.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Didn't you do Maths at school? 5% of Dhs95,000 per annum is only Dhs396 per month. My guess is that the OP may not have completed the required form stating that his rent was that amount. DEWA may instead be charging him on the basis of the standard rate for that type of property, which could be much higher.
nope didnt even look at the figures, just quoted the fact that its 5%!¬!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
busybody yourself, i was in the affirmative
no, i'm far from being a busybody...i'm genuinely interested why you feel the need constantly to post EXACTLY what someone else has posted a few posts earlier, with no added value...you do this ALL the time...please explain, i will be very enlightened...

MM, xx
Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no, i'm far from being a busybody...i'm genuinely interested why you feel the need constantly to post EXACTLY what someone else has posted a few posts earlier, with no added value...you do this ALL the time...please explain, i will be very enlightened...

MM, xx
nope not explaining any of my actions to you, just confirming what is written. take it as you like it.