Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

details regading sponsership of family?

details regading sponsership of family?

Old Jul 31st 2004, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

psychedelic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default details regading sponsership of family?

Hi,

My company is in the final stages of obtaning a license from the DIC. I would be coming to Dubai as Manager of that company. Can somebody please guide me regarding the process of sponsership for my family?.. After i get my residence permit etc, would they have to visit Dubai first to get their family sponsership and then go back home and wrap up and come back again?..also would my wife needs a seperate health card as well? because if she does it means she would have to visit dubai to get a medical test etc al

Cheers

psychedelic
Old Aug 1st 2004, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Nevi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: details regading sponsership of family?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by psychedelic

As far as I know, you do not have to sponsor your family at the same time as getting your residence visa. However, if they come out initially at the same time as you, chances are they would be on a visit visa (depending on your nationality it is very easy to get these), then you can do a visa run so that they come back on a residence visa. Normally the company you are working for would take care of the details for sponsorship of family, your office PRO should be able to sort it out for you with little hassle.