Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Desperately seeking a nanny..... HELP!!!

Desperately seeking a nanny..... HELP!!!

Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

English Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to all
Default Desperately seeking a nanny..... HELP!!!

I need to find a 'good' live in nanny ASAP!!

I am working full time and my husband starts his job on January 6th.

Have called a couple of agencies and spoken to everyone I know, no joy as yet!

Can anyone help?? Do you know anyone?? or know any agencies that are good??

HELP!!! Please
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperately seeking a nanny..... HELP!!!

Where do you live EG? As a temporary measure would a nursery be an option?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

English Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Where do you live EG? As a temporary measure would a nursery be an option?

We live on Palm Jumeirah. We start work at 7.30am and don't get home until 4pm ish. Do nurseries take little one's (she's 3 years old) for those hours??

I am so desperate to get something sorted. She was in school/nursery in the UK, needs to be stimulated. But the schools won't have her to the end of my day!!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English Girlie
We live on Palm Jumeirah. We start work at 7.30am and don't get home until 4pm ish. Do nurseries take little one's (she's 3 years old) for those hours??

I am so desperate to get something sorted. She was in school/nursery in the UK, needs to be stimulated. But the schools won't have her to the end of my day!!
Yes they do, there are nurseries cum daycare centres (there is a Montessori+daycare, just off Trade Centre Road - called De La Salle, behind Union Co-op, have heard plenty of good things. If your office is on this side you could drop her/pick her up).

I suggest you put an advert in the Gulf News for a nanny immediately (be prepared for a call a second though!) and meanwhile explore nurseries. Will try and get some more names.

Good Luck

Last edited by IndieG; Dec 18th 2007 at 6:09 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Yes they do, there are nurseries cum daycare centres (there is a Montessori+daycare, just off Trade Centre Road - called Del La Salle, behind Union Co-op, have heard plenty of good things. If your office is on this side you could drop her/pick her up).

I suggest you put an advert in the Gulf News for a nanny immediately (be prepared for a call a second though!) and meanwhile explore nurseries. Will try and get some more names.

Good Luck

Ahhhh thank you IndieGirl.I will give them a call and put an ad in Gulf News.
Thank you for you help!

I am starting to get really down about this. Just wont be able to relax until I know my daughter is okay and happy. She loved school and her nanny in the UK we were all one big happy family! And had some great fun. Didn't consider it would be so much harder here!!

Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by English Girlie
Ahhhh thank you IndieGirl.I will give them a call and put an ad in Gulf News.
Thank you for you help!

I am starting to get really down about this. Just wont be able to relax until I know my daughter is okay and happy. She loved school and her nanny in the UK we were all one big happy family! And had some great fun. Didn't consider it would be so much harder here!!

Welcome...

Here are the details - De La Salle Montessori International; Tel: (9714) 398-6218

She will be fine, don't worry I've been through this so many times! Luckily, my OH and I always save up some of our leave just for these types of emergencies!