Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Desperate for visa advice

Desperate for visa advice

Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:24 am
Just Joined

beyonceUAE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desperate for visa advice

My contract ends in a few weeks....does that mean my residency visa for UAE will lapse too?..I heard there's 30 days grace is that true?
If i want to remain in the country, whlst looking for a job, etc How do I do that? I heard about visa runs, but am not sure what exactly are the implications and what the tme limits are?

Please help!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice
Default Re: Desperate for visa advice

A visa run would mean having to go the border at Oman, going out of Dubai, then after paying 60 Dhs coming back into Dubai. This is legally not allowed but the Omani border crew seem to allow this without any problems. Take your passport with you for obvious reasons, but there will be no issues.

As for the 30 day grace on your residency Visa, I dont know.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:34 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beyonceUAE

My contract ends in a few weeks....does that mean my residency visa for UAE will lapse too?..I heard there's 30 days grace is that true?
If i want to remain in the country, whlst looking for a job, etc How do I do that? I heard about visa runs, but am not sure what exactly are the implications and what the tme limits are?

Please help!
My understanding is that you are allowed 30 days grace following end of your residency visa, as for the visa run it really depends what your nationality is, if you are from one of the listed countries then you would be ok you will get a list of the countries of the visa site, if you are from 1 of the countries then visa runs are really quite simple
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

when your contract ends your company will cancel your Visa. You then have 30 days to leave the country.
as mentioned by others you can do that by crossing to Omani border at somewhere like Hatta or take a budget flight to somewhere for the day.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you

Im from the UK and hold a BRITISH passport....
do u know how many times i can do a visa run before they stop u?....

Just thinking ahead......if i'm making the investment(rent,etc) to stay here and look for work.....am i likely to be stopped in my tracks?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Im from the UK and hold a BRITISH passport....
do u know how many times i can do a visa run before they stop u?....

Just thinking ahead......if i'm making the investment(rent,etc) to stay here and look for work.....am i likely to be stopped in my tracks?

I 'live' in Dubai (don't have a residency visa)... have done for the last 4 years... on a tourist visa. My job involves a lot of travel. I work for an international company in a free zone. Never had a problem.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Thxs for that!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:13 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Thxs for that!
Since you're around.......
What is your work genre?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Im a teacher but also interested in equality & diversity/ project management/training ....Do you know where i can sign up to an recruitement agency without having to pay a fee?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Please help!
There has been a Beyonce living and working in the UAE and we didn't get to hear about her until nowPlease help her out, guys and girls
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Thxs .....my 1st time on this type of forum ...so unsure what to do with it.....????

what is the etiquette to a forum like this one?....

Ive been grateful for all advice recieved and
just wana say thxs
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:29 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Im a teacher but also interested in equality & diversity/ project management/training ....Do you know where i can sign up to an recruitement agency without having to pay a fee?
Hi, re the Recruitment Agency- sorry I can't help,I only know some with fees!!!

I posted a website to a welsh person in the ME Jobs Discussion section the other day for Khalifa University Abu Dhabi-lots of vacancies advertised and i think some would suit you.Also check Zayed University, Abu Dhabi and the Womens HCT.....
Equality &Diversity as you can imagine is a bit of a slow starter in UAE...
hth
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

not much call for that in Dubai !
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:48 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thxs .....my 1st time on this type of forum ...so unsure what to do with it.....????

what is the etiquette to a forum like this one?....
Where is Confucius when you need him? My response would be to simply post a couple of sexy bikini piccies on the Photo Gallery whereupon at least half of your Forum buddies will be happy.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
Where is Confucius when you need him? My response would be to simply post a couple of sexy bikini piccies on the Photo Gallery whereupon at least half of your Forum buddies will be happy.
You havent seen me in a bikini! lol ...so that wud be debatable! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.