desert safari

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default desert safari

Hi guys, I'm back in town!

Right I've got my brother staying this weekend and next and it's spurred me into actually going out of town and enjoying the desert.

Months ago i remember seeing *loads* of ads promoting desert safaris by 4x4 convoy including buffets, all water and drinks provided and with the option of entertainment (belly dancers i take it) and some with the option of camping out as well...

but now try as I might I can't see anythign online that looks familiar from the flyers i saw ages ago.

Hence my question to the boards - has anyone used a company for this (I want to do it this way due to not having my own transport, also could be much more fun in a group of other newbies rather than just being my brother and me, plus safer) and any companies to recommend / avoid?

ta muchly!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: desert safari

Originally Posted by jvr20 View Post

Right I've got my brother staying this weekend and next and it's spurred me into actually going out of town and enjoying the desert.

Months ago i remember seeing *loads* of ads promoting desert safaris by 4x4 convoy including buffets, all water and drinks provided and with the option of entertainment (belly dancers i take it) and some with the option of camping out as well...

but now try as I might I can't see anythign online that looks familiar from the flyers i saw ages ago.

Hence my question to the boards - has anyone used a company for this (I want to do it this way due to not having my own transport, also could be much more fun in a group of other newbies rather than just being my brother and me, plus safer) and any companies to recommend / avoid?

ta muchly!
I have used www.viator.com 4 times now and it has been good all times, you can book on line, often it depends on the driver to how good or bad it is but normally it has been good..they will pick you up at normally the nearest hotel or sometimes home addresses, also re how many are in the vehicle depends on the day and how many booked...all that I have taken on the Safai and evening belly dance meal have always had a good time...most hotels in Dubai will have conrtact re who they are teamed up with as well.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:54 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

ta muchly!
Hi
We used Arabian nights.. they were excellent, we used one of the vouchers from the entertainer so only one of us paid .. we got friendly with our driver who owned part of the company and at the end of the night he gave us the voucher back to use again. I have his number if you want it. And if you don't want to buy the entertainer I will give you a voucher.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:56 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee View Post
Hi
We used Arabian nights.. they were excellent, we used one of the vouchers from the entertainer so only one of us paid .. we got friendly with our driver who owned part of the company and at the end of the night he gave us the voucher back to use again. I have his number if you want it. And if you don't want to buy the entertainer I will give you a voucher.
There's another one in the Entertainer (or it was last year) whose name escpaes me. We did one with Arabian Nights, and one with the other...and the other one was much better. If I remember the name, I'll post it.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy View Post
There's another one in the Entertainer (or it was last year) whose name escpaes me. We did one with Arabian Nights, and one with the other...and the other one was much better. If I remember the name, I'll post it.

Was it Sundowner ???
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:05 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

ummmmmm...it's a bit too hot to go into the desert...unless you go early morning around 05.00...
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:06 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littlejimmy View Post
Think its Desert Dreams..
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

JVR20, go and buy a copy of a book called Entertainer. It is 175 dhs and it is full of vouchers to use, buy one get one free, there is a great Desert thing in there and the big bus and loads of stuff, it will save you a fortune.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
JVR20, go and buy a copy of a book called Entertainer. It is 175 dhs and it is full of vouchers to use, buy one get one free, there is a great Desert thing in there and the big bus and loads of stuff, it will save you a fortune.
ace, will pop into Spinneys Sharjah on the way back from work.

I feel like a proper little jet setter coming straight off the flight into the office this morning

Birmingham flight absolutey chocker.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like a proper little jet setter coming straight off the flight into the office this morning

jet set JVR!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

all those Brum refugees seeking asylum here!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:40 am
Concierge

vouchers so far for JVR
Desert Rangers (safari)
Danat Dubai (cruises)
Counter Strikes (paintball)
Arabian Nights (safari)
Cinestar (VIP movie pass)
Bowling City
Wonderland
Big Bus
Al Boom Diving
Adventureland
Wild Wadi

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
vouchers so far for JVR
Desert Rangers (safari)
Danat Dubai (cruises)
Counter Strikes (paintball)
Arabian Nights (safari)
Cinestar (VIP movie pass)
Bowling City
Wonderland
Big Bus
Al Boom Diving
Adventureland
Wild Wadi

BC I think you need to change you name to St BLUE CAT
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease View Post
I'll second the beautification process
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:55 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease View Post
I aint finished yet, just sorting out all the Sharjah restaurants as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.