Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Deliveries in Dubai

Deliveries in Dubai

Old May 8th 2008, 4:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Deliveries in Dubai

Man we've had possibly 9 or 10 now and not one ever on time, its not that bad but....we ordered a new mattress for carrefour, was meant to come monday, they rang and said no, then tuesday, same thing - then last nightbefore 6, never turned up, they rang at 8 saying they'd be with us soon, I rang them at 10pm, no answer....so I went to bed,

they turned up just after midnight, I mean, f_cking hell man.....
Old May 8th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deliveries in Dubai

I posted a while back mate. We ordered a lot of furnature from Marina in Dubai. They said they would deliver it to us (in AD) by 7pm.

The doorbell went at midnight and 5 totally knackererd guys started humping in all this stuff...

Shocking..
Old May 8th 2008, 6:23 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

its just a sign that your settling in nicely and that your life now has that normal middle east thing going on.

Just wait until you need the ac repaired or similar thats when you get a real demonstration of how crap it can be.

eg. couple of yrs ago in the springs our ac packed in, i walk into the kitchen to see a bloke half way into the roof with the garden hose and water pissing out of all the light fixtures.
When not so politely asked what he was doing he replied that he was just cleaning the filter and that this was how he normally did it. This is after turning up 3 days late
Old May 8th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

exeptional behavior from a fully qualified Emril plumber
Old May 8th 2008, 6:28 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
I posted a while back mate. We ordered a lot of furnature from Marina in Dubai. They said they would deliver it to us (in AD) by 7pm.

The doorbell went at midnight and 5 totally knackererd guys started humping in all this stuff...

Shocking..
yeah I mean this guy told me he had a puncture, he hadn't of course but whats the point shouting at him? he was a nice bloke so I just slapped him on the back and said 'its fine mate, no worries'. They still had 3 mattresses on the wagon though, so they still had more deliveries to make.

Old May 8th 2008, 6:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shiva
its just a sign that your settling in nicely and that your life now has that normal middle east thing going on.

Just wait until you need the ac repaired or similar thats when you get a real demonstration of how crap it can be.

eg. couple of yrs ago in the springs our ac packed in, i walk into the kitchen to see a bloke half way into the roof with the garden hose and water pissing out of all the light fixtures.
When not so politely asked what he was doing he replied that he was just cleaning the filter and that this was how he normally did it. This is after turning up 3 days late
hmmm, we've got a plumber coming at 6 tonight, the pipes under the sink aer leaking water, basically instead of just screwing the plastic pipes together, they've half screwed them then selaed them up with something, now of course they've come away and need fixed - I will be looking over his shoulder as he does it, its a really simple job and I can;t believe what a botch it is.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
hmmm, we've got a plumber coming at 6 tonight, the pipes under the sink aer leaking water, basically instead of just screwing the plastic pipes together, they've half screwed them then selaed them up with something, now of course they've come away and need fixed - I will be looking over his shoulder as he does it, its a really simple job and I can;t believe what a botch it is.
have fun
Old May 8th 2008, 6:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shiva
have fun
I'm going to have to leave early as only the wife will be in and they always just seem to try and fob her off.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:57 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I mean this guy told me he had a puncture, he hadn't of course but whats the point shouting at him? he was a nice bloke so I just slapped him on the back and said 'its fine mate, no worries'. They still had 3 mattresses on the wagon though, so they still had more deliveries to make.
Hope you gave them your customary Dhs100 tip
Old May 8th 2008, 7:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart
Hope you gave them your customary Dhs100 tip
nope, not this time, they were 4 hours late.
Old May 8th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

nope, not this time, they were 4 hours late.
hope you offered them some water (not chilled) or maybe a digestive....
Old May 8th 2008, 7:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

hope you offered them some water (not chilled) or maybe a digestive....
no, I wanted to go to bed, in fact I had alreayd given up, had brushed my teeth, had a shower, took my contacts out, I was literally climbing into bed when the phone rang.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

Ain't nobody i'd rather be....

If it's that simple why not just repair it yourself........?
Old May 8th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chesney Hawkes
Ain't nobody i'd rather be....

If it's that simple why not just repair it yourself........?

why bark if you have a dog to do it for you??
Old May 8th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

why bark if you have a dog to do it for you??
I'm not the same as all the rest.....

That's the kind of response I would have expected from, not all, but a lot of expats living out here........

Don't remember where you've come from that's all I have to say!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.