British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Delay in getting visa sorted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/delay-getting-visa-sorted-828553/)

ReesanDemha Mar 15th 2014 7:11 am

Delay in getting visa sorted

Hi everyone
Been offered a job in qatar, working in healthcare sector, with hmc. The interviews were last March yes in 2013!!
I waited 6 months for an offer letter, had some queries which took 3 months to get resolved, finally accepted the offer just before xmas, but still waiting for the visa to get sorted.
Anyone else out there in a similar situation now or previously?
Life has been on hold for 12 months and beginning to wonder if its ever going to happen.:(

z66p65 Mar 24th 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Delay in getting visa sorted

Hi ReesanDemha,
We are in exact situation. My husband had interview in March 2013 with HMC and we have only got his visa 10 days ago.
We are in the process of applying for schools but no joy as yet, specially that everything has to be attested!

ReesanDemha Mar 24th 2014 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by z66p65 (Post 11188164)
Hi ReesanDemha,
We are in exact situation. My husband had interview in March 2013 with HMC and we have only got his visa 10 days ago.
We are in the process of applying for schools but no joy as yet, specially that everything has to be attested!

Hi there - really great to hear from you ! And really great to hear you finally have your visa ! There is hope after all ! So thats almost exactly a year later.

Well atleast you can start planning ahead now. I have been reading on here about the new procedures for schools and that there is basically not enough places. I thought that was just over here in blighty !

Good luck with it all - I wonder if there are any other hmc "staff in waiting" out there ??

How long after you signed the offer letter did the visa come through?

shake2000 Mar 25th 2014 2:55 am

Same boat as you both. I gave my interview September 2013 and just got my offer letter about 3 weeks ago. Currently working to get my documents attested and to them by mid April. Am not expecting to move until September 2014 which might be realistic based on your timelines. We do not have schooling issues as my daughter is only 7 months.
If you don't mind asking, how long did it take for them to process visas after you sent in all documents? I have been told it takes 8-10 weeks after I send in everything.
Also, have you heard anything on housing? I have heard Barwa city in forums but as you probably know they do not promise anything. Would love to exchange notes. We will be moving from Canada.

You guys are almost there but all the best with everything.

z66p65 Mar 27th 2014 1:51 pm

Hello shake2000,
It took about 10 weeks for my husband to receive the visa letter. We'll be coming from UK and Barwa city seems the suggested available place at the moment. I've been chatting to someone who leaves there and seem to be happy with the area. I'll let you know if I find any more info.
Z

shake2000 Sep 16th 2014 8:12 pm

Just wondering how things are going for everyone? Have you landed, how are you liking it?

i_man007 Feb 3rd 2015 2:28 pm

Hi guys, grateful for some advise. It seems that I'm not the only one involved in the this notoriously long process! I submitted my application in June 14, first interview was Aug 14, second interview Dec 14 and offer in Feb 15! The offer was decent ( although I wanted to negotiate the pay, I didn't want further delays!!) so signed all the documents and sent back to the ageny to forward to HMC. Im now told that there is this so called "credentialing" process that may take another 6 months!! I Don't understand what this process is because they want me to get all the certificates attested by Qatari embassy here in London, do the medical checks, police records plus provide references so what is left for them to check??? Also I'm non medical so really can't understand. I don't have direct contact with HMC so not sure how to get any answers. Can you guys advise on how long did this process take you and what does the credentialling really mean? Thanks all.

Venezuelan007 Feb 9th 2015 6:30 am

credentialling in my case was that they hire someone to check for your work history. In theory they even call the companies you worked for, in real life they contacted me and asked me to provide payslips from every employer I put on the resume.

it took about 1 more month.

for me it as 1st interview OCt13, offer Dec13, I was in qatar in Feb14. Once you send your attested degree and stuff they start your visa process... credentialling is BS. The next thing you know, they'll tell you your visa is ready and they want you there next week with no delay.