Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Degree Attestation for Saudia Arabia

Degree Attestation for Saudia Arabia

Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:44 am
Just Joined

OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Degree Attestation for Saudia Arabia

I know this topic has been discussed quite a few times but I am not still very clear on the topic.

I have been offered a position in the KSA and HR people have asked me to get my degrees attested before flying to the KSA. The attested degrees are not required for the business visa which I'll be travelling on.

Accoring to the HR, all I need attestation from UK authorities (FCO?) and then from Saudi Embassy. Now speaking to different agents, they have confirmed that Saudi Embassy will not attest anything which has not been stamped by Saudi Cultural Bureau. And according to them, I dont need FCO attested degree for SCB. SCB has a long list of documents before they attest anything.

Could someone help please to confirm if I can go directly to the Embassy as directed by the HR and they will attest it following FCO has attested by degree>? or SCB is a must sort of thing?

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Degree Attestation for Saudia Arabia

Originally Posted by OneBrightStar
Saudi Cultural Bureau.
Saudi culture isn't much more evolved than a pot of yoghurt.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

This is why I like employers who use agents that do it all for you. You can go it alone, hand in your docs that are all in order, and then dependent on the position of the moon and stars will get knocked back without explanation.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

mc30b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OneBrightStar
I know this topic has been discussed quite a few times but I am not still very clear on the topic.

I have been offered a position in the KSA and HR people have asked me to get my degrees attested before flying to the KSA. The attested degrees are not required for the business visa which I'll be travelling on.

Accoring to the HR, all I need attestation from UK authorities (FCO?) and then from Saudi Embassy. Now speaking to different agents, they have confirmed that Saudi Embassy will not attest anything which has not been stamped by Saudi Cultural Bureau. And according to them, I dont need FCO attested degree for SCB. SCB has a long list of documents before they attest anything.

Could someone help please to confirm if I can go directly to the Embassy as directed by the HR and they will attest it following FCO has attested by degree>? or SCB is a must sort of thing?

Thanks
Degree certificates are attested by the Saudi Cultural Bureau and then the embassy. In order to get the bureau to do their stuff you'll need to get the institution you got your degree from to email them to confirm that. They also require a copy of your passport, a letter consenting to your information being disclosed to them and a letter from your new employer confirming they are applying for a work visa for you.