Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A Definitive List of Riyadh Compounds.

A Definitive List of Riyadh Compounds.

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Definitive List of Riyadh Compounds.

http://www.sbtd.co.uk/Compounds%20CP.htm

A link from the Saudi British Trade Industry, listing 35 compounds in Riyadh, with telephone numbers, some also with email addresses and web sites. No list of prices though, that's where you do your own leg work.

Thought it might be useful and saves me from answering the same questions. Over and over......and over and over.....and over again.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

mark56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Definitive List of Riyadh Compounds.

Thanks for the list - much appreciated. Thought I'd hit the motherload.
But............the elusive ASASCO Compound. Web site details are incorrect, and there seems to be nothing on the internet, other than a video of a hail storm 10 years ago.
It's where I have been offered accommodation as part of a package, but I am wary to accept with no idea of what it is like. Sorry nottmbantam, you have not escaped the last of those repetitive questions yet!
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark56
Sorry nottmbantam, you have not escaped the last of those repetitive questions yet!
erm he has

Can't say I've ever heard of it. What part of town is it in?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

mark56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saudiflares
erm he has

Can't say I've ever heard of it. What part of town is it in?
In the heart of the city apparently -Olaya (?)
sometimes know as ASASCO Village I and II
thats all I have. doesn't sound too promising!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: A Definitive List of Riyadh Compounds.

Sorry but that list is not complete!! My compound is not on there either! Khuzama Village. Not tiny either, just all taken!
www.khuzamavillage.com
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Stealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mark56
In the heart of the city apparently -Olaya (?)
sometimes know as ASASCO Village I and II
thats all I have. doesn't sound too promising!
ASASCO Village Compound is listed in Riyadh Today 2011 as at Al Olaya, Musaed Al-Angary St.
"This is very central and part of the Akaria complex and very central. Well priced apartments - great for sharing bachelors (or families) on a shoestring"

PM me if you want the contact email and phone no.

I haven't heard of or seen it myself but from the description I'd recommend you get them to send you some pics and info.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

I posted on this site a long time ago way back when, a list of some of the compounds in riyadh when i was there.
However a few have closed down to make way for new buildings.
Some compounds changed there name after closing down for maint and reopening up again.

For newbies arriving here in the costa del sand pit there is only so much that can be passed over.
As you will find out here things changes day by day,or even hour by hour in some situations or even ye ole INSHALLLAH mentality.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

There's an old Akaria owned resi compound behind Akaria Malls 1,2,3 on Olaya. It is not a secure western compound though. Popular with Lebos and cheap I'd imagine.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
I posted on this site a long time ago way back when, a list of some of the compounds in riyadh when i was there.
However a few have closed down to make way for new buildings.
Some compounds changed there name after closing down for maint and reopening up again.

For newbies arriving here in the costa del sand pit there is only so much that can be passed over.
As you will find out here things changes day by day,or even hour by hour in some situations or even ye ole INSHALLLAH mentality.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/COMPOUNDS_IN_RIYADH

There's that in the wiki...so which of those are dead and which ones need adding to the list? Any details need updating?