British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Decent 'Budget' hotels in Muscat (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/decent-budget-hotels-muscat-821765/)

Robajob Jan 16th 2014 4:04 am

Decent 'Budget' hotels in Muscat

Go to travel to Muscat on Sunday for a couple of day for business. Does anyone have any recommendations on a reasonably priced, centrally located but not shite hotel in Muscat?

Cheers

Rob

Millhouse Jan 16th 2014 4:34 am

Re: Decent 'Budget' hotels in Muscat

Originally Posted by Robajob (Post 11080853)
Go to travel to Muscat on Sunday for a couple of day for business. Does anyone have any recommendations on a reasonably priced, centrally located but not shite hotel in Muscat?

Cheers

Rob

All hotels are expensive and shite in Muscat.

Having stayed in the overpriced and generally shite Crown Plaza and Intercon, I found the Al-Qurum hotel (ex. Sheraton) to offer a reasonable compromise between shiteness and price. It's also in a suburb little plaza area where there some decent restaurants - the restaurant Sliders is great.

Robajob Jan 16th 2014 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11080865)

Having stayed in the overpriced and generally shite Crown Plaza and Intercon, I found the Al-Qurum hotel (ex. Sheraton) to offer a reasonable compromise between shiteness and price. It's also in a suburb little plaza area where there some decent restaurants - the restaurant Sliders is great.

Thanks for the suggestion, will have a look

OriginalSunshine Jan 16th 2014 4:10 pm

Radisson Blu is good

Sandboy Jan 16th 2014 4:14 pm

Park inn is ok, get a decent steak downstairs

And what bloody business do you have in Muscat ?

Robajob Jan 16th 2014 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 11081779)
Park inn is ok, get a decent steak downstairs

And what bloody business do you have in Muscat ?

Slaaaaaaaag

Might pop in and see Woody if I get the chance.

Robajob Jan 20th 2014 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11080865)

Have stayed in Al Qurum last night I can say I've stayed in a lot worse. Wi-fi is catastrophically bad though, mind you, it seems to be everywhere in Oman...

Oh and the Hotel Bar has no liquor licence, so if you want a drink you have to go out for a walk.

Millhouse Jan 21st 2014 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Robajob (Post 11087437)
Have stayed in Al Qurum last night I can say I've stayed in a lot worse. Wi-fi is catastrophically bad though, mind you, it seems to be everywhere in Oman...

Oh and the Hotel Bar has no liquor licence, so if you want a drink you have to go out for a walk.

eh? The bar upstairs? I was drinking there 3 weeks ago...?

Did you go to sliders?

Robajob Jan 22nd 2014 5:14 am

If you're talking about Feeney's it's definitely had it's drinks licence revoked.

Sliders was ok, service was shit though.

OriginalSunshine Jan 22nd 2014 3:04 pm

should have gone to Trader Vics at the Intercon