Debt In UAE

Old Jul 24th 2013, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

markmedz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Debt In UAE

I know this be an old story line but looking for solid advice i have been offered a job in Qatar i left dubai in 2007 when things collapsed in the country and people starting losing there jobs well i was one of them with around 100k owed to the bank i spent some time in jail and when i went to court i pleaded with the judge to let me out so i could pay it back i got a new job right away and started paying it back but every month the bank decided to increase the monthly payments until it became unmanageable so with the pressure of the bank i decided the best course of action was to leave with my wife i could not let myself go back into that hell hole for something i did not have control over job wise once back in my home country got some emails tried to to the decent things and start paying off the bank until it went from £300 per month to 700 per month so i put a stop to it until they came up with an new number and they have never got back to me that was 6 years ago now.

So my question is now now could i now go back to working in another GCC country or not i did not get eye scanned plus i have a new passport as well some advice is very vague on other site so i need something concrete if possible
Old Jul 24th 2013, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Debt In UAE

I can't see there being a problem, new passport etc?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for you reply but why do you think think this do you have experience in this area.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 3:06 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markmedz
I know this be an old story line but looking for solid advice i have been offered a job in Qatar i left dubai in 2007 when things collapsed in the country and people starting losing there jobs well i was one of them with around 100k owed to the bank i spent some time in jail and when i went to court i pleaded with the judge to let me out so i could pay it back i got a new job right away and started paying it back but every month the bank decided to increase the monthly payments until it became unmanageable so with the pressure of the bank i decided the best course of action was to leave with my wife i could not let myself go back into that hell hole for something i did not have control over job wise once back in my home country got some emails tried to to the decent things and start paying off the bank until it went from £300 per month to 700 per month so i put a stop to it until they came up with an new number and they have never got back to me that was 6 years ago now.

So my question is now now could i now go back to working in another GCC country or not i did not get eye scanned plus i have a new passport as well some advice is very vague on other site so i need something concrete if possible
Won't or can't get concrete answer on something like this, no two cases are ever the same, it would in my opinion be a big risk especially as you for whatever reason appear not to have stuck with your agreement with the bank.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Debt In UAE

Thanks for the rely as i seen it i did stick to the plan and they changed but would it be m understanding that they do not share information or is this false info as most people think they don't but no definitive answer on this i know this is being risky but some risks need to be taken to move on in life.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 4:12 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the rely as i seen it i did stick to the plan and they changed but would it be m understanding that they do not share information or is this false info as most people think they don't but no definitive answer on this i know this is being risky but some risks need to be taken to move on in life.
Information is rarely shared and 6 years is a long time passing, it's
A risk as you say. Good luck with your decision
Old Jul 24th 2013, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I like different peoples approach to risk analysis

I like to balance risk vs gain where both can be calculated to a reasonably accurate degree

Unfortunately you cannot presently accurately calculate your likelihood of the consequences being realised and therefore therefore your overall exposure to the risk.

So unless someone on here can categorically say you will not be in trouble (and of course you believe a forum lawyer) then you are not in a position to make even a rough analysis of an action that could have serious consequences on your livelihood.

You could of course throw caution to the wind (and along with your risk analysis) and just go for it. Sometimes far more fun so good luck
Old Jul 25th 2013, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

DohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant future

I have known several people who have done it, having left Dubai after 2007. They have since gone back to Dubai for a visit and have been granted a visa in other GCC countries with no questions having gained a new passport.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply do you know what there circumstances where I am just trying to build up a picture as I may contact the dubai police to see if there is still case or maybe I won't just toying with the idea don't if its a good 1 or not.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply do you know what there circumstances where I am just trying to build up a picture as I may contact the dubai police to see if there is still case or maybe I won't just toying with the idea don't if its a good 1 or not.
if you have got someone here in Dubai ask them to take your passport to one of the Police stations to see if there are any cases open against you. I did this a few years ago for a friend, no cases, he came back to visit the UAE but did fly into AD just in case. You aren't even planning on coming to Dubai.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Yeah that I think is my plan I have 2 job offers 1 in doha other in bahrain I have a new passport plus got a few friends to check as well thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

BC, we know on quite well know person who still visits Dubai most weekends and was one of the most famous skips?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:29 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Just do it. To block you throughout the GCC costs a fortune. Unless you owed a massive amount 500,000 + I would not bat an eyelid. With a new passport you will be fine and as others have said I know people that have returned owing money.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by spartans53
BC, we know on quite well know person who still visits Dubai most weekends and was one of the most famous skips?
changed his name, new passport
Old Jul 25th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

yea but not very coy about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.