Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Debt-international arrest warrant

Debt-international arrest warrant

Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:22 am
USA
Just Joined

USA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really nice
Default Debt-international arrest warrant

i have been convicted in absentia by dubai court for boncing company check and i'm already in USA, stucked and unable to fly back unless this issue is settled.
an international arrest warrant was issued but not sure how the authorities here in US will do regard this as i'm a green card holder and yet to be citizen, any possibility of extradition?
am i able tp travel to UK or Canada without issues or the term of international arrest warrant for the Debt sentenced by court goes more than GCC.
any advices or input for such situation?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:26 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Debt-international arrest warrant

Originally Posted by USA View Post
i have been convicted in absentia by dubai court for boncing company check and i'm already in USA, stucked and unable to fly back unless this issue is settled.
an international arrest warrant was issued but not sure how the authorities here in US will do regard this as i'm a green card holder and yet to be citizen, any possibility of extradition?
am i able tp travel to UK or Canada without issues or the term of international arrest warrant for the Debt sentenced by court goes more than GCC.
any advices or input for such situation?
If I would you I would speak to a lawyer in the US about your possible green card issues. Contacting lawyers in Canada and the UK regarding the international arrest warrant might help too. It's too serious a matter to rely on what people in forums post.

And try to contact whoever convicted you in the UAE and work out a settlement - if you are flying nearby and the plane get's diverted you might see the inside of a jail here which you don't want.

N.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:18 pm
USA
Just Joined

USA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really niceUSA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
If I would you I would speak to a lawyer in the US about your possible green card issues. Contacting lawyers in Canada and the UK regarding the international arrest warrant might help too. It's too serious a matter to rely on what people in forums post.

And try to contact whoever convicted you in the UAE and work out a settlement - if you are flying nearby and the plane get's diverted you might see the inside of a jail here which you don't want.

N.
thanks for the advice , appreciate it.
will try to initiate multi consultation with attorneys in US and in parallel we are working with a lawyer in UAE for the settlement
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:30 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Well - if you bounced a cheque then don't expect much sympathy.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:11 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 View Post
Well - if you bounced a cheque then don't expect much sympathy.
My thoughts exactly. Don't expect the USA to let you stay there either. It's back to your homeland, wherever that may be. So let's hear your excuse for the bouncing cheque incident and you may receive a little more sympathy on here.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
My thoughts exactly. Don't expect the USA to let you stay there either. It's back to your homeland, wherever that may be. So let's hear your excuse for the bouncing cheque incident and you may receive a little more sympathy on here.
If it involved company cheques, I doubt it would be considered a crime in the US (however, this is something which should be checked with a US attorney).
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marocco View Post
If it involved company cheques, I doubt it would be considered a crime in the US (however, this is something which should be checked with a US attorney).
if it involved company cheques, he probably wouldn't have been prosecuted. Most likely a personal rental or loan payment.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps UAE is their homeland
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 11:35 pm
USA
Just Joined

if it involved company cheques, he probably wouldn't have been prosecuted. Most likely a personal rental or loan payment.
its company check.
UAE treat any bounce check as Fraud against signatory regardless company/personal or any other circumstances.
simply it bounce either to pay or go to prison.