Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Death and Taxes... death first please!

Death and Taxes... death first please!

Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

alitrist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Death and Taxes... death first please!

[QUOTE=Meow;8202734]Or speak to a professional here who fully understands the system. A P85 is the form to complete on leaving the UK to request non-resident status.

alitrist - what do you need to know?

Well Meow, it was pretty much starting from ground zero. I wanted to know what my tax rebate would be, what forms I need to fill in etc, etc. what my tax liabilities would be coming home "earlier" than anticipated very basic stuff really.... I figured if they could answer some of these that it would lead to more spin off questions - but they couldn't even do that!!

Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
You are a mere pretender my friend.............

......... especially if all you can offer is to repeat what our regular source of such information has already contributed.

Let's see if you get your own radio show in Riyadh..........
FFS!!! why can't you be nice to newbies instead of putting them down all the time? No wonder some people find this 'bored' intimidating and are reluctant to post.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
FFS!!! why can't you be nice to newbies instead of putting them down all the time? No wonder some people find this 'bored' intimidating and are reluctant to post.
"Reluctant to post"? If all he can do is repeat what Meow had posted a few posts earlier, then his 'expertise' isn't needed, thanks. I think Meow's own reaction summed it up perfectly..............
Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
"Reluctant to post"? If all he can do is repeat what Meow had posted a few posts earlier, then his 'expertise' isn't needed, thanks. I think Meow's own reaction summed it up perfectly..............
If you read my post again I said ...
No wonder some people find this 'bored' intimidating and are reluctant to post.
I was not refering to Saeed 409 there but people in general. My point being that you are rude and abrasive to a lot of new people on the board and there is no need to be.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=alitrist;8203892]
Originally Posted by Meow
Or speak to a professional here who fully understands the system. A P85 is the form to complete on leaving the UK to request non-resident status.

alitrist - what do you need to know?

Well Meow, it was pretty much starting from ground zero. I wanted to know what my tax rebate would be, what forms I need to fill in etc, etc. what my tax liabilities would be coming home "earlier" than anticipated very basic stuff really.... I figured if they could answer some of these that it would lead to more spin off questions - but they couldn't even do that!!

Why the thumbs down? I have offered to help. The basic steps are really quite simple. There is no automatic tax rebate on leaving the UK and if you are just about to leave you are likely to remain liable for UK taxes for the remainder of this tax year (unless you remain non-resident for 5 tax years).

PM me if you wish, although I am not really working for the next few days.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

being an accountant myself, albeit i aint no tax accountant...one thing i am sure of is that as long as you stay out of the UK for one full tax yr (which usually means two full calender years, unless you literally move on the 5th april) then you will not be liable for any taxes.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
being an accountant myself, albeit i aint no tax accountant...one thing i am sure of is that as long as you stay out of the UK for one full tax yr (which usually means two full calender years, unless you literally move on the 5th april) then you will not be liable for any taxes.

No liability in the actual full tax year when non-resident, but partial years can be treated differently.

-